Earth makes noise microphones

Tags:
  • Drivers
  • Sound Cards
  • Windows XP
Last response: in Windows XP
November 16, 2010 6:44:01 AM

Hello,
I have a problme in mic. When i switched on mic i get a noise problem. But speakers are working fine. I didn't face this problem last 1 year. I am using both creative 5.1 version.. because of the current noise issue i have uninstalled/re-installed the driver again same problem exists,changed the sound card same problem, changed the pci slot same problem .. i have changed the card to 7.1 and x-fi usb sound card also no result. But finally i suspecting my pc got some power/earth issue. I am suspecting is the problem? If any one know the answer please guide me my id jackyjons@gmail.com

More about : earth makes noise microphones

November 16, 2010 8:27:57 PM

It looks like you have changed everything except your microphone. have you tried that?
m
l
November 23, 2010 2:06:29 AM

Thans for your reply.. I am using 3 sets headphones, logitech,Microsoft,Creative & mic sepratively still the same proble. I am unable to sing with the karaoke music now. The audience are telling very noisy.. so someone guide me. XP with Servicepack 2 is the Operating system.
m
l
a b \ Driver
November 23, 2010 3:11:38 AM

Make sure the outlet you are plugged into is actually grounded. Buy a circuit tester you can plug into the outlet to see the circuit is wired correctly. If the outlet is not grounded you could experience a dangerous condition known as an floating ground, elevated potential.

Test voltage at several outlets, checking for equal or very close to equal voltages. This proves the building's neutral is good with the power line that supplies it. Large differences in voltages could indicate a corroded, high-resistance neutral from the power company.

Do not ever use 2 wire extension cords, they become 60Hz antennas.

If the place has dimmable lights, change the dim settings to see if the noise changes with the dimming. If the noise changes with the dimming, buy power line filters, big ones. The place should install them too at the dimmers. Try not to plug into circuits that are also carrying lighting or motor loads.
If the place has long-tube florescent lights, ask what the lighting ballast are, solid state, or transformer type. The solid state versions are noisy too, but the transformer types aren't so bad.

Keep your equipment away from high-powered electrical equipment, such as motors or strobe lights.

Last, make sure the hold-down screw is tight on the PCI sound card.
m
l
!