GA-MA78G-DS3H hdmi sound problem

cdrwok

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2007
I have a GA-MA78G-DS3H mobo, rev 1, bios f3 running Windows Vista 64.
I have problem getting the onboard sound to work. I downloaded the Realtek hdmi audio driver R.2 and R.202, it was working for a while.
I connect the hdmi port on the pc to the back of my plasma tv. When I play some music, I click on the volume icon on the task bar, select mixer, and check Realtek as the driver. It also shows another hdmi driver, ATI i believe. This work for a while, and I have disable Ati driver under Device manager, but now I cant get the sound to work, whether with both drivers enable, or ati driver disable, with Realtek selected as the main driver
Anyone has any suggestions? at a loss of what to do. Please help, thanks

lost haven

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2008
well I can tell you one thing. Most likely it has to do
with your os thats the problem.
I'll pesent a couple of ways to fix your problem. If they dont work it means you got a bad sound chip, that went to crap.

1. Plug your speakers into the Green colour plug in the back of your computer, Goto realtek Audio manager and in the

analog panel RIGHT HAND click on the green colour then click "Connector Retasking" then tick "front speaker out"

That should do it as well. Just remember to turn ya speakers down before clicking.

2. you have to updated your Realtek driver with the latest one from their website, but that's alone is not enough. You have to bring up the Realtek audio manager, and click on the connector setting on the top right (with the folder picture) and check "Disable front panel jack detection" and voila the sound is back.
well if anyone needs the link for the site to download the driver, heres it is;

this is the direct link for vista driver:

http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=24&PFid=24&Level=4&Conn=3&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false

the first one just unzipped the folder and then setup. there is actually a 'read me' in the folder so just follow the instruction and it should solve the problem.

if the link above doesn't work for you then you can try this link instead:

http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/searchView.aspx?keyword=driver

and then go to 'High Definition Audio Codecs (Software)'

hope this help.