Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Antec Nine Hundred Heighth

Last response: in Components
Share
August 31, 2008 1:25:03 AM

I need a favor of anyone who owns the Antec Nine Hundred case...

I'm getting conflicting information about what the height is.

Can someone measure their case from the bottom to the highest part on the top? If there are any foot pads, can you measure from the floor? I'm trying to see if this case will fit in my desk.

More about : antec hundred heighth

August 31, 2008 2:13:10 AM

There are foot pads. I would check the Antec site and newegg.com:

19.4'' x 8.1'' x 18.4'' (L x W x H) - newegg.com

19.4"(H) x 18.4 "(D) x 8.1"(W) - Antec.com

There seems to be a consensus - it's 19.4 inches high. I would not put it in a desk where it is enclosed. Most of the benefits from the 900 are from it moving air. If it's confined, the air won't move as well.

I'm not sure where you conflicting info is from, but hopefully this will straighten it out.
August 31, 2008 3:55:18 AM

huron said:
There are foot pads. I would check the Antec site and newegg.com:

19.4'' x 8.1'' x 18.4'' (L x W x H) - newegg.com

19.4"(H) x 18.4 "(D) x 8.1"(W) - Antec.com

There seems to be a consensus - it's 19.4 inches high. I would not put it in a desk where it is enclosed. Most of the benefits from the 900 are from it moving air. If it's confined, the air won't move as well.

I'm not sure where you conflicting info is from, but hopefully this will straighten it out.


Look at the message to see the conflicting info. Newegg.com has the height at 18.4 and Antec.com has the height at 19.4. Hmmm.........not hard to see. This is why I'm hoping I can get a real measurement.
Related resources
a b ) Power supply
August 31, 2008 4:19:58 AM

18 and 7/8 at the back..includes feet......17 and 3/8 at the front..includes feet...........8 and 3/16 wide...........19 and 1/2 front to back..includes screws
August 31, 2008 5:13:43 AM

swifty_morgan said:
18 and 7/8 at the back..includes feet......17 and 3/8 at the front..includes feet...........8 and 3/16 wide...........19 and 1/2 front to back..includes screws


Thank you!!! This is what I was looking for.
August 31, 2008 1:34:41 PM

Someone just mixed up the depth vs the height in the specs. It's only an inch of difference. If you are going to put it in a place where it will get as little as one inch of clearance, won't that get in the way of the heat that is trying to be blown out the top 200mm fan and the back 120mm fan?

I just thought you should keep those things in mind in regards to leaving space for airflow.
August 31, 2008 7:17:56 PM

huron said:
Someone just mixed up the depth vs the height in the specs. It's only an inch of difference. If you are going to put it in a place where it will get as little as one inch of clearance, won't that get in the way of the heat that is trying to be blown out the top 200mm fan and the back 120mm fan?

I just thought you should keep those things in mind in regards to leaving space for airflow.


Yeah, I agree with that. I'm going to build a new computer when the Nehalem/i7 comes out, and want to get a good case. I've bought a new smaller desk. I think I'm going to use the CPU slot as storage and put the case outside the desk. Not only for the cooling, but if I get a case like that, I need to show it off!!! I'm kind of leaning towards the NZXT Tempest too. Which one would be the best?
September 1, 2008 8:35:25 AM

I truly like the Antec 900. I like the look and the cooling. I just modded it (cut some holes in it for even better cable management/cooling).

You may want to take a look at the Antec 1200 - it's like the 900, but taller, has more fans, fan filters, better built-in cable management, etc.

Good choice on keeping the computer outside the desk. I built a little platform for mine to sit on - it's a shelf with casters, so I can roll it out, but so it doesn't sit directly on the floor.

Good luck when Nehalem arrives. It gets released later this year, but as is true of Intel, you'll probably have to wait a bit for it be a decent price and become mainstream.
!