Couple case fan questions...

brane422

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2008
I'm planning on buying a cheap-o case, and buying a bunch of fans to put in it, since, besides looks, that's the only reason you buy a case, right?

Well, I've had my eye on 250mm fans shooting outwards on both sides of the case, but I can't seem to find where to buy them.

I'd also appreciate a couple suggestions for a front 120mm fan, and a 140mm top fan, if you don't mind, as well as a suggestion as to where to buy the mesh/grills for them.

This is the case I plan on buying:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811147059

If you know of one that's cheaper, suggest it, please. :]

Thanks in advance guys.

Badge made a good suggestion. Spend $21.00 more for the Antec 300 and spend less on fans. I went to Fry's Electronics today to buy a computer case and had the opportunity to actually look at the Antec 300. It's a nice case with good air flow.

Funny, Newegg did not list the second, there are two with the deal, 120mm tri power case fan. I have two of the cases. The second 120mm fan is 'hidden' down in the styrofoam in a cardboard box. You could throw it away with the packaging if you didn't see it. Yeah, at OP buy two more 120mm fans for the side and instal a second 120mm for dual in the front and you have one lean, mean cooling machine. And for Mickey D's money.

brane422

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2008
What's OP's? :]

And man, I'm a dope. I typed 255 instead of 250 in all my google searches, so i couldn't find it.

I found 2 250mm fans at xoxide.com

:)

The Antec 300 has an open air flow mesh front bezel that allows for a great front intake airflow to cool your HD's and system. The Antec 300 is a far superior case as far as cooling solutions go when compared to the Rosewill case you chose. I have built a system for a kid with the exact case you posted. Not bad at all for money, but not even close to the quality and cooling solution of the Antec. No comparison, the Antec 300 is far superior as cooling goes. Even if you cut the side and roof out and installed fans in the Rosewill, the front iintake solution doesn't match the 300. I have two Antec 300's. OP is original poster.

Edit. The Rosewill case has a removable air filter built in to the lower front panel. Not bad for the like $25 I paid with rebate and free shipping.