Westinghouse L2410nm 24inch lcd

legendsn3verdie

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2008
Hey i just bought a Westinghouse L2410nm 24inch lcd moniotr. i noticed it ran really hot. It even heated up my room. My room is hot due to no Ac. Anyways even on the 1st day the monitor was pretty quite, but then outta no where for about 10-15mins is started to buzz pretty loud.. then it continued to buzz at least 2 times a day for the next serveral days until i finall did a rma. Anyways my question is do you think the 80-90degrees farenhiet temps in my room can be the cause of this buzzing? what is everyones experience with this westinghouse L2410nm monitor.

westinghouse L2410nm specs:
Mva panel (not a cheap Tn panel like most monitors)
1920 x 1200 res
tons of inputs
450 brightness
24inch

any input about anything is appreciated

evilshuriken

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2006
According to some reviews on newegg that buzzing can happen when you set the brightness under 100%(Don't ask me why, that's just something reviewers have noticed).
The heat could definitely be an issue though, a friend of mine owns that exact monitor and it does get pretty hot. Sometimes it would momentarily flicker on and off which I suspect happened because of the heat.

It's not doing that anymore according my my friend, which might be due to the fact that he has his ac on all the time now.

Still, even with those problems that's a really awesome monitor. My friend got it on my recommendation, I even looked for it on ebay for him during a long period where newegg had them out of stock.

So I hope you can get a good working unit, when they are working properly they are very nice. :)

legendsn3verdie

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2008

lol nice avatar, yeah their was a buzz no matter what brigtness.. 100, 98, 50, etc... What do you think causes all the heat in the monitor?

legendsn3verdie

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2008

yeah i m now waiting for my new one to come, i m looking to compile all the information possible in this thread..

does anyone know how to replace a powersupply in a lcd? i think that is what i might have to do with the westinghouse down the road..

FrozenGpu

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2007

i like that avatar as well!!!

you gotta love those non-tn monitors though they really are quite nice, although i really want an A-TW-IPS, jaguar could you find one for under $900 ish?

legendsn3verdie

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2008

none that i m aware of. a ips would be sweet!!

anyone know why the westinghouse runs so hot? powersupply? backlighjt??? anyone ever replace a lcd powersupply??

The only 26" monitors that have the A-TW polerizer are the NEC LCD2690WUXi, Hazro HZ26W, and supposedly random batches of the DoubleSight DS-263N.

To the best of my knowledge Hazro monitors are not sold in the US.

FrozenGpu

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2007
I found that one on ebay for a buy it now price of $900, Looks real nice....

NEC LCD2690WUXi

I'm wondering if its a sizeable upgrade from my L246WP-BN, which is a bout 2" smaller but, goign from a s-pva or is it a m-pva to a A-TW-IPS going to be noticeable I wonder.

hey jaguar did u see this video where this one guy compares the color gamut of that NEC to this other monitor: Gamut comparison, Eizo CG211 vs NEC LCD2690WUXi

What do you make of that?

FrozenGpu

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2007
that's ok, i'll grab an A-TW-IPS one of these days, i'm still so happy with my non-tn screen, ill wait until my next build to get a really nice monitor.

go ahead there is only ten minutes left
'

FrozenGpu

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2007

but that sure is quite volatile...

good luck.

I woudl think buying an A-TW-IPS monitor would be a great investment seeing as they simply don't make them at that price range, period!

legendsn3verdie

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2008
lol what goin on in this westinghouse thread?? anyone know why a 24inch westinghouse runs so hot? anyone ever crack open their lcd an replace the powersupply? information on these concerns would be great thanks.