New system won't restart when warm.

G

I just put a new machine together. My system will not start after a shutdown untill it has sat and cooled for a while. If you guys can help me troubleshoot the problem I would be very happy. Thank in advance for any suggestions.

G

Hi

Can you give anymore info?
For starters-

The Specs of your PC
Has this issue just appeared or has it been occuring since you first built the PC?
How long does the PC need to 'cool down'?
When you say shutdown, do you mean when you power it off yourself, or is shutting off by itself?

stuart

G

Here we go with specs.

CPU: E8400 (stock cooler)
GPU: EVGA 8800 GTS 512
Mobo: MSI P6N Diamond
RAM: Corsair twin2x 1GB x 2
PSU: Antec True Power Trio 650W
Case: Antec P182 (has 3 fans and plenty of room)
HDD: Seagate Baracuda 7200rpm 250GB sata
OPT: Liteon 20+- DVD

G

Sorry forgot to answer your questions. Issue has been existant since first built. I have been able to restart it within 30 minutes and even less if I open the case. It never powers itself down It runs just great all the time. Just won't restart right back up (sometimes I foreget to do thing). The same thing happens when I put it in sleep mode. The system also runs faily cool. It is at 58C when at full load. Depending on the temp in the room it runs as low as 46-47C at idle. I really only shut it down at idle temps.

It is hard to escape that the symptoms point to a thermal problem. When you say it won't start, do you mean the PSU won't come on, or does the PSU (and perhaps system fans, HDD, etc) come on, but the machine won't boot? If nothing comes on, it is possible you got a flakey PSU, even though that's a good brand. Test with another one if you can.

G

All fans come on. I am wondering if it is possible that the RAM has anything to do with it.