I5 on the Test Server

Hello all,

Has anyone tried the new Archery and Sonic powers on the test server? If
so, what did you think? I have recently moved to a new area and have no
broadband so I haven't tried the test server in a while. Thanks in advance
for the help.

On the Liberty Server!
FA Fugitive Lvl 50 Illusion/Empathy Controller
Charky Lvl 50 Fire/Fire Tank
Lady Goodnight Lvl 28 Mind/Radiation Controller
21 answers Last reply
More about test server
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

    Rob76 wrote:
    > Hello all,
    >

    > Has anyone tried the new Archery and Sonic powers on the test server? If
    > so, what did you think? I have recently moved to a new area and have no
    > broadband so I haven't tried the test server in a while. Thanks in advance
    > for the help.
    >

    > On the Liberty Server!
    > FA Fugitive Lvl 50 Illusion/Empathy Controller
    > Charky Lvl 50 Fire/Fire Tank
    > Lady Goodnight Lvl 28 Mind/Radiation Controller

    They were fun...the channels were so full of DOOOOM, that I had to stop.
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

    Thanks Magnus. I think I may be creating my first blaster as the changes in
    I5 really seem to favor that AT from what I've read. I love the concept of
    archery as powerset. My mind controller,even with all f her AOE holds,
    seems to be a waste of time and effort at this point though.

    Rob

    "Magnus, Robot Fighter" <pavelb1@cox.net> wrote in message

    > Rob76 wrote:
    >> Hello all,
    >>

    >> Has anyone tried the new Archery and Sonic powers on the test server? If
    >> so, what did you think? I have recently moved to a new area and have no
    >> broadband so I haven't tried the test server in a while. Thanks in
    >> advance
    >> for the help.
    >>

    >> On the Liberty Server!
    >> FA Fugitive Lvl 50 Illusion/Empathy Controller
    >> Charky Lvl 50 Fire/Fire Tank
    >> Lady Goodnight Lvl 28 Mind/Radiation Controller
    >
    > They were fun...the channels were so full of DOOOOM, that I had to stop.

  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

    > Has anyone tried the new Archery and Sonic powers on the test server? If
    > so, what did you think? I have recently moved to a new area and have no
    > broadband so I haven't tried the test server in a while. Thanks in
    > advance for the help.

    I've had fun with both power sets so far.
    The archer set seems to recharge pretty fast and the somic set seems to deal
    AloT of damage.

    Ill probly make a sonic blaster for sure. And maybe a rad/archer defender ;)
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

    On 27 Aug 2005 11:12:56 -0700, "Magnus, Robot Fighter"
    <pavelb1@cox.net> wrote:

    >Rob76 wrote:
    >> Hello all,
    >>

    >> Has anyone tried the new Archery and Sonic powers on the test server? If
    >> so, what did you think? I have recently moved to a new area and have no
    >> broadband so I haven't tried the test server in a while. Thanks in advance
    >> for the help.
    >>

    >> On the Liberty Server!
    >> FA Fugitive Lvl 50 Illusion/Empathy Controller
    >> Charky Lvl 50 Fire/Fire Tank
    >> Lady Goodnight Lvl 28 Mind/Radiation Controller
    >
    >They were fun...the channels were so full of DOOOOM, that I had to stop.

    yes, it was fun to hear all the Tankers Whining because they cant herd
    an entire level anymore
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

    Yeah Sonic looks good from what I've heard from SG members this weekend. I
    can sure think of some great names and story lines for both!

    "gildhaus" <gildhaus@comcast.net> wrote in message

    >> Has anyone tried the new Archery and Sonic powers on the test server? If
    >> so, what did you think? I have recently moved to a new area and have no
    >> broadband so I haven't tried the test server in a while. Thanks in
    >> advance for the help.
    >>

    > I've had fun with both power sets so far.
    > The archer set seems to recharge pretty fast and the somic set seems to
    > deal AloT of damage.
    >
    > Ill probly make a sonic blaster for sure. And maybe a rad/archer defender
    > ;)

  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

    yes, it was fun to hear all the Tankers Whining because they cant herd
    an entire level anymore

    LOL that's true man. Tired of WoW and EQ2 I reactivated my CoH account
    2 days ago (After about 1 year).
    In almost all the groups I've played since, it seems that's always the
    strategy. A tanker goes and aggroes the whole level or half of it and
    then come to the rest of the group... 5 seconds later, mobs are gone.
    This was definitely not the case when I played a year ago, we used to
    kill mobs one group at a time.
  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

    bleh bleh

    bleh bleh after
    (just a test of how to enter context using dejanews/Google Groups)
  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

    wolfing <wolfing1@yahoo.com> wrote:

    >yes, it was fun to hear all the Tankers Whining because they cant herd
    >an entire level anymore
    >>>>
    >LOL that's true man. Tired of WoW and EQ2 I reactivated my CoH account
    >2 days ago (After about 1 year).
    >In almost all the groups I've played since, it seems that's always the
    >strategy. A tanker goes and aggroes the whole level or half of it and
    >then come to the rest of the group... 5 seconds later, mobs are gone.
    >This was definitely not the case when I played a year ago, we used to
    >kill mobs one group at a time.

    Many of us still do. The most we'll "herd up" is a roomful, and that's
    just to make sure the tanker has the aggro becuase they're spaced too
    close together otherwise. Rarely more than 10-12 mobs at once, ever.

    -R

    --
    Rob Wynne / The Autographed Cat / doc@america.net
    http://www.autographedcat.com/ / http://autographedcat.livejournal.com/

    "Rob76" <rob_76@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
    > Yeah Sonic looks good from what I've heard from SG members this
    > weekend. I can sure think of some great names and story lines for
    > both!

    I just nailed down a placeholder for a *great* sonic blaster name. Details
    when she goes <hit it, boys!> li-uh-i-uh-i-uh-IVE!

    --
    -= Victory Server =-
    -= Shenanigunner: Level 39 Natural Tanker, Fire/SS, M

    Shenanigunner <shenanigunner@NOdgathSPAM.kom> looked up from reading the
    say:

    >"Rob76" <rob_76@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
    >> Yeah Sonic looks good from what I've heard from SG members this
    >> weekend. I can sure think of some great names and story lines for
    >> both!
    >
    >I just nailed down a placeholder for a *great* sonic blaster name. Details
    >when she goes <hit it, boys!> li-uh-i-uh-i-uh-IVE!

    Diamanda Galas?

    Xocyll
  11. Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

    Xocyll <Xocyll@kingston.net> wrote:
    >> I just nailed down a placeholder for a *great* sonic blaster name.
    >> Details when she goes <hit it, boys!> li-uh-i-uh-i-uh-IVE!

    > Diamanda Galas?

    All good ideas on this thread; I can't wait to team with Enrico Caruso.

    No, I was thinking someone more contemporary and noted for sonic damage.
    And Mut is definitely the right origin.

    --
    -= ****** *****: Level 0 Mut Blaster, Sonic/Sonic, F
    -= Justice Server =-
    -= Jazz-Man: Level 8 Natural Blaster, AR/Devs, M
    -= See you on HEROICA! - http://www.dgath.com/coh/
    -= The UPDATED v1.00 Keybind & Macro Guide is now available!
  12. Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

    KA BOOM!!!???

    Just a guess...

    :)

    Rob

    --
    "Shenanigunner" <shenanigunner@NOdgathSPAM.kom> wrote in message
    > Xocyll <Xocyll@kingston.net> wrote:
    >>> I just nailed down a placeholder for a *great* sonic blaster name.
    >>> Details when she goes <hit it, boys!> li-uh-i-uh-i-uh-IVE!
    >
    >> Diamanda Galas?
    >
    > All good ideas on this thread; I can't wait to team with Enrico Caruso.
    >
    > No, I was thinking someone more contemporary and noted for sonic damage.
    > And Mut is definitely the right origin.
    >
    > --
    > -= Victory Server =-
    > -= Shenanigunner: Level 39 Natural Tanker, Fire/SS, M
    > -= Sgt Glory B: Level 31 Tech Blaster, Electric/Energy, F
    > -= Mr Cellophane: Level 27 Natural Scrapper, MA/SR, M
    > -= R A Heinlein: Level 19 Science Controller, Ill/Rad, M
    > -= ****** *****: Level 0 Mut Blaster, Sonic/Sonic, F
    > -= Justice Server =-
    > -= Jazz-Man: Level 8 Natural Blaster, AR/Devs, M
    > -= See you on HEROICA! - http://www.dgath.com/coh/
    > -= The UPDATED v1.00 Keybind & Macro Guide is now available!
  13. Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

    Shenanigunner <shenanigunner@NOdgathSPAM.kom> wrote:
    > No, I was thinking someone more contemporary and noted for sonic damage.
    > And Mut is definitely the right origin.

    Mariah Carey. Did a helluva nice 'toon, too.

    I mean, when the thought of screeching and screaming at foes was proposed,
    she was the first thing that popped into my head. I only played long enough
    to make 2.7, and got five compliments on the concept and toon.

    Scream rocks, BTW. A hit with whatever the first sonic debuff is, and a
    Scream, will take out a yellow in one shot. Unslotted.

    --
    -= Victory Server =-
    -= Shenanigunner: Level 39 Natural Tanker, Fire/SS, M
    -= Sgt Glory B: Level 31 Tech Blaster, Electric/Energy, F
    -= Mr Cellophane: Level 21 Natural Scrapper, MA/SR, M
    -= R A Heinlein: Level 19 Science Controller, Ill/Rad, M
    -= Mariah Carey: Level 2 Mut Defender, Sonic/Sonic, F
    -= Justice Server =-
    -= Jazz-Man: Level 8 Natural Blaster, AR/Devs, M
    -= See you on HEROICA! - http://www.dgath.com/coh/
    -= The UPDATED v1.00 Keybind & Macro Guide is now available!
  14. Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

    Shenanigunner <shenanigunner@NOdgathSPAM.kom> looked up from reading the
    say:

    >Shenanigunner <shenanigunner@NOdgathSPAM.kom> wrote:
    >> No, I was thinking someone more contemporary and noted for sonic damage.
    >> And Mut is definitely the right origin.
    >
    >Mariah Carey. Did a helluva nice 'toon, too.
    >
    >I mean, when the thought of screeching and screaming at foes was proposed,
    >she was the first thing that popped into my head. I only played long enough
    >to make 2.7, and got five compliments on the concept and toon.

    If i'd never heard Diamanda Galas, i'd probably have thought of her too.
    I don't think Galas can be topped when it comes to screeching though.

    Xocyll
  15. Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

    > Shenanigunner <shenanigunner@NOdgathSPAM.kom> wrote:
    >> No, I was thinking someone more contemporary and noted for sonic damage.
    >> And Mut is definitely the right origin.
    >
    > Mariah Carey. Did a helluva nice 'toon, too.
    >
    > I mean, when the thought of screeching and screaming at foes was proposed,
    > she was the first thing that popped into my head. I only played long
    > enough
    > to make 2.7, and got five compliments on the concept and toon.

    Actually, considering the most unladylike sounds that are associated with
    sonics, perhaps Alanis Morissette would be a better choice.

    Or Yoko Ono.

    I have "Standing Wave" (sonics/energy blaster - Infinity)
    and G-Sharp (currently just a placeholder) I am considering a sonics/arrow
    defender, but I already have "Message 4 U Sir" who is a arrow/arrow
    Defender. (I would have preferred to spell the name out but CoH names
    aren't allowed enough characters)

    --
    John Trauger,
    Vorlonagent

    "Methane martini.
    Shaken, not stirred."

    chat: @vorlonagent

    Vorlonagent (M), level 30 Blaster (Electric/Energy), Guardian
    RolIing Thunder (F), Level 26 Defender (Storm/Electric), Infinity
    NightfalI (M), Level 18 Defender (Dark/Dark), Pinnacle
    Steel Night (M), Level 17 Tanker (Invulnerable/Super-Strength), Virtue
    lmpact (F), Level 17 Blaster (Gun/Energy), Virtue
    MC-2 (F), Level 16 Blaster (Force/Fire), Protector
    Pulsar Staraven (F), Level 16 Controller (Grav/Rad), Liberty
    Girl at the Bar (F), Level 14 Controller (Mind/Empthy), Triumph
    Faraday Facade (F), Level 14 Controller (Illusion/Forcefield), Justice
  16. Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

    "Vorlonagent" <jt@otfresno.com> wrote:
    > Actually, considering the most unladylike sounds that are associated
    > with sonics, perhaps Alanis Morissette would be a better choice.
    >
    > Or Yoko Ono.

    I thought of both. I'm not sure why "MC" tickles me so much.

    --
    -= Victory Server =-
    -= Shenanigunner: Level 39 Natural Tanker, Fire/SS, M
    -= Sgt Glory B: Level 31 Tech Blaster, Electric/Energy, F
    -= Mr Cellophane: Level 27 Natural Scrapper, MA/SR, M
    -= R A Heinlein: Level 19 Science Controller, Ill/Rad, M
    -= Mariah Carey: Level 5 Mut Defender, Sonic/Sonic, F
    -= Justice Server =-
    -= Jazz-Man: Level 8 Natural Blaster, AR/Devs, M
    -= See you on HEROICA! - http://www.dgath.com/coh/
    -= The UPDATED v1.00 Keybind & Macro Guide is now available!
  17. Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

    "Vorlonagent" <jt@otfresno.com> looked up from reading the entrails of

    >"Shenanigunner" <shenanigunner@NOdgathSPAM.kom> wrote in message
    >> Shenanigunner <shenanigunner@NOdgathSPAM.kom> wrote:
    >>> No, I was thinking someone more contemporary and noted for sonic damage.
    >>> And Mut is definitely the right origin.
    >>
    >> Mariah Carey. Did a helluva nice 'toon, too.
    >>
    >> I mean, when the thought of screeching and screaming at foes was proposed,
    >> she was the first thing that popped into my head. I only played long
    >> enough
    >> to make 2.7, and got five compliments on the concept and toon.
    >
    >Actually, considering the most unladylike sounds that are associated with
    >sonics, perhaps Alanis Morissette would be a better choice.

    Nah, Dogma already used that joke.

    >Or Yoko Ono.

    That works. Or perhaps Linda McCartney.

    I still think Dimanda takes first prize for screeching though.

    Xocyll
  18. Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

    "Xocyll" <Xocyll@kingston.net> wrote in message

    > I still think Dimanda takes first prize for screeching though.

    I rejoice in my ignorance.

    --
    John Trauger,
    Vorlonagent

    "Methane martini.
    Shaken, not stirred."

    chat: @vorlonagent

    Vorlonagent (M), level 30 Blaster (Electric/Energy), Guardian
    RolIing Thunder (F), Level 26 Defender (Storm/Electric), Infinity
    NightfalI (M), Level 18 Defender (Dark/Dark), Pinnacle
    Steel Night (M), Level 17 Tanker (Invulnerable/Super-Strength), Virtue
    lmpact (F), Level 17 Blaster (Gun/Energy), Virtue
    MC-2 (F), Level 16 Blaster (Force/Fire), Protector
    Pulsar Staraven (F), Level 16 Controller (Grav/Rad), Liberty
    Girl at the Bar (F), Level 14 Controller (Mind/Empthy), Triumph
    Faraday Facade (F), Level 14 Controller (Illusion/Forcefield), Justice
  19. Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

    "Vorlonagent" <jt@otfresno.com> looked up from reading the entrails of

    >"Xocyll" <Xocyll@kingston.net> wrote in message
    >
    >> I still think Dimanda takes first prize for screeching though.
    >
    >I rejoice in my ignorance.

    I've heard only one song of hers (part of a compilation album) and it's
    frightening what she does with her voice.

    <Google>
    "Diamanda Galas growls, hisses, groans and shrieks while clawing at the
    piano like Chopin possessed, creating a soundscape that's terrifying and
    beautiful. " -- Nancy Lanthier, The Vancouver Sun

    Xocyll
  20. Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

    Shenanigunner <shenanigunner@NOdgathSPAM.kom> looked up from reading the
    say:

    >"Vorlonagent" <jt@otfresno.com> wrote:
    >> Actually, considering the most unladylike sounds that are associated
    >> with sonics, perhaps Alanis Morissette would be a better choice.
    >>
    >> Or Yoko Ono.
    >
    >I thought of both. I'm not sure why "MC" tickles me so much.

    Just thought of another one, though somewhat more obscure.

    Metal Machine

    Xocyll
  21. Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

    Xocyll <Xocyll@kingston.net> wrote:
    >Shenanigunner <shenanigunner@NOdgathSPAM.kom> looked up from reading the
    >entrails of the porn spammer to utter "The Augury is good, the signs
    >say:
    >
    >>"Vorlonagent" <jt@otfresno.com> wrote:
    >>> Actually, considering the most unladylike sounds that are associated
    >>> with sonics, perhaps Alanis Morissette would be a better choice.
    >>>
    >>> Or Yoko Ono.
    >>
    >>I thought of both. I'm not sure why "MC" tickles me so much.
    >
    >Just thought of another one, though somewhat more obscure.
    >
    >Metal Machine

    Obscure? You want obscure?

    My sonic blaster on Pinnacle is named "Doctor Ethos". :)

    -R

    --
    Rob Wynne / The Autographed Cat / doc@america.net
    http://www.autographedcat.com/ / http://autographedcat.livejournal.com/