Sign in with
Your question

How to restore disks from Raid 0, guys please help:/

Last response: in Storage
November 14, 2009 9:08:49 AM

Hi,
My pc was running on Raid 0 configuration (320gb + 320gb) today I wanted to turned that off and have simply two disks. I managed to delete raid 0 but now when trying to install windows vista, installer can only see one drive (320gb). The other one is missing. I'm desperate because I have no idea if I've done something wrong, and now I don't know how to fix it.

My motherboad is Gigabyte GA-MA790FX-DQ6, guys please advise....

Kind Regards
Peter
a c 127 G Storage
November 14, 2009 10:01:07 AM

Do both drives get detected by the BIOS? You are installing vista by DVD, and at the partition phase it only sees one HDD?

Your SATA transfer mode is set to AHCI in the system BIOS? In other words, you turned RAID off?
November 14, 2009 10:18:34 AM

First thing I did was deleting raid 0 in Fast Builder utility (had to pres ctr + F) during boot up, then I changed SATA mode from RAID to AHCI so yes.
Yes I'm using DVD with Vista, and can only see one HDD, also when I want to click next and Install system it says that system cannot be installed on this partition, even after formatting.

:( 

Any ideas?
Many thanks
Peter
Related resources
a c 127 G Storage
November 14, 2009 10:25:26 AM

Do you have an exact error message, correct letter-for-letter? Googling error messages may give helpful advise.

Also, do the disks get detected now as two separate disks by the BIOS POST screen?
November 20, 2009 12:04:51 PM

how did you try to separate between both drives ?
what did you do in order to stop both drives being raid 0 ?
November 20, 2009 6:39:47 PM

chekc to make sure you infact do have a raid 0 if you are seeing only one drive after the array bios you may have it set up on a raid 1 recheck the configuration and make sure it is really a raid 0
!