Coolit Watercooling?

N890

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2009
I want to get a water cooling kit for my E5200 @ 3.4Ghz, I want to get it to 4.0Ghz and with water. I'm in Canada so its cheaper to buy from my local computer stores. There are two water cooling kits, I bet they're rubbish but here they are. Any good? My motherboard is the ASUS P5QL Pro.

1. Coolit A.L.C DM-1000 Domino Water Cooling System
2. Coolit WC-1000 Pure 1C

Thanks

Kithzaru

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2009
There are a lot of reviews about the Domino... i saw one where the guy bought it, cut it open with a dremel and exposed the inner workings... which sadly were mostly corroded.

From what i understand, the Domino works pretty well, but is finicky and is cheaply made, so you have to be careful.

*shrug*

N890

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2009
Thanks, so if I do get it I'll be able to overclock my E5200 higher by upping the voltage? I want to get it to 4.2Ghz or so. I'm planning to use a Antec 300 or a Coolermaster Elite 335.

lol. Since Conumdrum is probably busy...., I'll do the honors of this:

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/252455-29-water-cooled-computer#t1801333

@OP: If you are really serious about Watercooling, DO NOT get the Domino. It's pretty cheap and a good high air cooler can come close to the performance of the CoolIt. My recommendation for you would be 1: Get a good HSF and a E8400 which can be OCed easier (as in lower voltages = lowe heat) or 2: Spend $150-200 on a good CPU loop .

N890

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2009
Haha, $600 compared to a $100 CoolIt LC system. So I took a closer look at it and its just the CPU that it coolers. So it cannot cool the GPU?
TBH I wouldn't and couldn't spend $600 on a water cooling kit, anyways is there any site that will ship to Canada and provide me with high quality parts? Or is there just a whole LC kit I can buy? I know there are some at xoxide but I don't know if they will ship to Canada. Also is it possible for me to first if I got the Domino to change the tubes to clear one and secondly to cool the GPU.
Thanks!

shabaa

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009

I would not recommend that you do that. I understand the desire for water-cooling and the benefits of it but a good water cooling system offers so much more than a no-brainer system for "Da Masses" You might want to read this article her on TOM'S : http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/coolit-domino-cogage,2290.html
So many of the "Ready to go kits" only provide marginal (if any) gains over a good air cooling solution. You may want to study the "art of water cooling" further. Good luck

Im just not a fan of them, its a waste of money IMO.... My temps never reach 53c (prime load) and idle at 34c....and thats on a 30.00 dollar AC Freezer...

My other rig uses a V8 (920 @ 3.5Ghz) and again temps never reach 56c no matter what I do....So why bother and spend 75 dollars on a Domino if my temps are fine?

IMO the Pure and the ALC are low end WC solutions....The Freezone Elite is on another level.

And I dont like how they cover half of the mobo, id rather spend more coin on a swiftech system with danger den blocks before I think about a Domino...but this is soley my opinion....

And let me re-phrase that : Domino's don't suck they are just low end water solutions for peeps that get irritated by the sound of a CPU fan...IMO

So in all its a matter of taste, didn't mean to disrespect your hardware... just don't see a need for it at the moment...

overshocked

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2009
^someone has a screwed up thermal sensor...

your temps are below ambient wich is impossible, even for a water cooler.

Unless it has a tec wich would still be extremely hard to believe.

overshocked

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2009
Hey psycho can you take a picture of the TEC's in it for me?

im making a heatsink and id really like to know how they use the advantage of 3 TEC's to handle high heatloads.