Basic window navigation problem

Although it kills me to have to ask...When I am dealing with windows they
minimize automatically to the task bar as soon as I select another. How is it
possible to get a window to stay open on the destop while working in another.
For example, I want to copy from a word document while writing in an excel
document on the same screen. Many thanks for any help.
1 answer Last reply
More about basic window navigation problem

    Hi Dan Hips,

    With both applications open, right-click a blank area of the Taskbar and
    select whichever of these options is more to your liking:
    Cascade Windows
    Tile Windows Horizontally
    Tile Windows Vertically

    Regards,

    --
    Patti MacLeod
    Microsoft MVP - Windows Shell/User

    "Dan Hips" <DanHips@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Although it kills me to have to ask...When I am dealing with windows they
    > minimize automatically to the task bar as soon as I select another. How is
    it
    > possible to get a window to stay open on the destop while working in
    another.
    > For example, I want to copy from a word document while writing in an excel
    > document on the same screen. Many thanks for any help.

Document Navigation Windows XP