Sign in with
Your question

nforce 680i LTsli motherboard won't run

Last response: in Motherboards
October 3, 2008 2:29:47 PM

HI
As soon I turn on computer, I can hear long beep. As far as i know it is power supply problem, but I tried on different PSU and situation is the same. Everything is connected like it is described in user guide. PW1 is connected on 20+4 pin connector. PW2 on 8-pin adapter from 4-pin ATX 12V connector.
Power for graphic is also connected. I disconnected one Dimm leaving 2Gb in slot 0, and hard drive, leaving only graphic card, RAM memory and processor on the board. I changed slot for graphic card but the problem is the same. Is it possible that motherboard is faulty? Or is it problem of other kind?
Oh and the signal wont stop until i turn off the computer. Also everythink starts normally (all fans, lights)

Pentium 2.4 GHz quad core, x-power GTX light 580W, Geforce 8800 GTX, 4Gb (2+2) Kingston
a b V Motherboard
October 3, 2008 2:39:14 PM

Sounds like you did a good job troubleshooting. If you know the CPU, video card and RAM work in another system, then it is likely the MB is the source of the problem. The 680i is a really bad actor.

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/nVidia680i/
October 3, 2008 3:44:04 PM

Ah! On nvidia support centre they advised me the same. Well I think I'll have to get some other system from somewhere for diagnostic.

Thanks
!