Crysis Problem 8800 gt

kayvon

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2008
I run crysis at 1680x1050 very high tweak with around 20fps average. Everything runs smooth, kinda. Whenever i throw a barrel with strength on at a house, (to break it apart and see the walls fly everywhere) the game starts to get stutters and even the movement slows down. The fps doesnt go down while this is happening. It keeps going on until everything stops moving (the pieces of the walls). Then its fine again. It seems like this would be a Graphic card problem or is it a memory problem?

Specs
q6600 Oc 2.9ghz
8800gt stock oc to 650/1620/1900
ocz sli ready ddr2-800 2x2gb 5-5-5-15
antec neo power 550w
Freezer 7 pro
680i lt mobo
Windows xp sp2

Sounds like the GPU isn't keeping up with the rest of the system (which I would expect from a 8800 GT). Bump down settings a bit, and you should be fine. Either that, or overclock the card. A 8800GT isn't the best of choices for Cysis on very high...

looking at it again, what do you mean by very high tweak?

Edit: i am assuming you are meaning enabling the supposed dx10 effect in xp?

He is using hacked .inf settings to get DX10 realised features in XP.
You can read about the procedure Here.

I would agree that is sounds to be a lack of CPU power dealing with the physics.
Looking at the specs though, that should not be the case.
Are there any other problems with any other games?

If he is using the DX10 tweaks and running everything on very high, of course a single 8800GT is going to stumble. Things are just not going to be smooth at those settings when a lot starts happening. Not implying there is anything wrong with 8800GT, it is a great card. But i'ts not going to run Crysis on very high settings. Now, if you could add another and go SLI, then you are getting somewhere.

Regardless of what these other guys are telling you, that video card isn't gonna cut it. Lower your resolution to 1024x768 and put your settings on medium. Then tweak the settings and see what ones you can make work on high until the game starts acting funny again and then back off. Too bad the xp can't use all that memory because the game really needs it. ........ 32bit ??

I forgot to mention....... there's a crysis T O D ( time of day ) patch. If you run it it will "optimize" your systems hardware to run the game at it's potential and will make the graphics "better" in a way. It makes the sun travel as it would in a normal day making shadows fall naturally. Looks good. I used it on my 32bit machine with only 2gig of memory and it runs at 1680x1050 with ease. Try it.

Max-i-mus

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2008
I agree. Use 1024x768 for the res... And get the mod. Natural Mod2.0 ....
That makes the game look a heck of alot better than the very high hack settings... imo ..... I have an e8500 OC 3.94ghz, with 2gig crucial pc6400, 512meg 8800GT.. And I get a steady 45fps-50fps

kayvon

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2008
I only have the demo for crysis due to a lost gameplay disk. So i cant download natural mod. As for the people saying to lower my res and graphics for the game, i tried lowering it to 1280x1024 with medium graphics and it still gave me the same problem. I was getting 45 fps average at this resolution. So i dont think its my graphics card.

kayvon

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2008
i think i found the problem. The demo has a bug in it. Because before this one particular house would do this. I tried it on a couple more and they didnt have that problem. So im thinking its just a demo bug.