Best Plasma for SD?

Last response: in Home Theatre
September 27, 2005 2:04:27 AM

I want to get a 42" plasma to be wall-mounted in our vacation home. Since
it's to be used strictly with SD cable and DVDs, what do folks recommend?
Thanks
LT

More about : plasma

Anonymous
September 27, 2005 9:27:34 AM

LT wrote:

> I want to get a 42" plasma to be wall-mounted in our vacation home. Since
> it's to be used strictly with SD cable and DVDs, what do folks recommend?
> Thanks
> LT

Hi,
Exactly what I just have done at my cabin. Panasonic Viera 42" EDTV.
Couldn't justify more $$$ for HDTV version on the same series when
compared side by side.
Good luck,
Tony
Anonymous
September 27, 2005 10:58:41 AM

Any specific model, or any with the viera filter?
Thx
LT

"Tony Hwang" <dragon40@shaw.ca> wrote in message
> LT wrote:
>
>> I want to get a 42" plasma to be wall-mounted in our vacation home.
>> Since it's to be used strictly with SD cable and DVDs, what do folks
>> recommend?
>> Thanks
>> LT
> Hi,
> Exactly what I just have done at my cabin. Panasonic Viera 42" EDTV.
> Couldn't justify more $$$ for HDTV version on the same series when
> compared side by side.
> Good luck,
> Tony
September 27, 2005 2:12:13 PM

LT wrote:

> Any specific model, or any with the viera filter?
> Thx
> LT
>
> "Tony Hwang" <dragon40@shaw.ca> wrote in message
>
>>LT wrote:
>>

>>>I want to get a 42" plasma to be wall-mounted in our vacation home.
>>>Since it's to be used strictly with SD cable and DVDs, what do folks
>>>recommend?
>>>Thanks
>>>LT
>>
>>Hi,
>>Exactly what I just have done at my cabin. Panasonic Viera 42" EDTV.
>>Couldn't justify more $$$ for HDTV version on the same series when
>>compared side by side.
>>Good luck,
>>Tony

What about the advent of upconverting DVD players and new HD DVD players.
Wouldn't it then make sense to consider the extra money for an HDTV?
!