M2N-X plus and AMD athlon 6000+ and 3d= FPS problems

Gammro

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2008
I recently bought this new PC(not much of a homebuild :p),
but I didnt buy any OS with it, so I dont have any Software support on it.
With this PC I recently bought I have FPS drops in games every few minutes...
For example: I run CSS on 100-140 FPS, then after a few minutes of playing, my FPS drops down to 5-10 for a few seconds(which is a lot in CSS terms :p), and the FPS doesnt come up when I look at the ground(which it normally should do)
However, I also discovered that my CPU( AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ 89W) and my motherboard(M2N-X plus) have some kind of conflict with some people, and so also with me...
I found some instructions else on the internet, but they all dont work, and There's always no conclusion or just: "it's fixed now" by the original poster... So I have absolutely nothing to work with...
Here are some full system specs:
Asus AM2+ M2N-X Plus Mobo
AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ Dual Core Socket AM2 (2 x 3 Ghz / 2 x 1MB Cache)
AMD Boxed CPU Cooler
A-brand 2048MB Geheugen DDR2 800 CL5 Dual Channel
2 x 250 Gigabyte harddisk (7200/300) S-ATA2 met 2MB Cache in RAID 0
Nvidia Geforce 9600GT PCI-E met 512MB DDR3
DVD-Rewriter 20x Speed Dual layer
Cardreader All In One
5.1 Sound On-board
Front Audio
4x S-ATA II met RAID 0,1,5 support
On-board Ethernet 10/100Mbit Controller
Wifi(54Mbit)
6 x USB2.0 on-board

If anyone would help me, I would be so thankfull

PS: From sunday morning(13th) I will be on vacation for 3 weeks, so I wont be able to reply in that timespan

Gammro

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2008
I've got 40.960s for the 1M pi test, what should I do with the PC wizard specs btw? :p
Memtest has to be bought(Althoug i could be mistaking, I only looked at 1 website)
and I dont know what PSU I have ATM, although I'm expecting an e-mail from the manufacturer with the PSU make and model

akhilles

Splendid
You got to be sh*tting me. 40 secs for 2GB ram in 1MB test is way too long. My o/c at 4Ghz with 4gigs takes about 15 secs and I consider that slow. 10-12 secs would be best for my pc. You might want to google cpuz and tell me what speeds the cpu & ram are running at. Look at the cpu & memory tabs.

I mean you can copy and paste the specs from pc wizard instead of typing them out.

You can look at the side label on the PSU for make & model.

Gammro

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2008
CPU running @:
Core speed: 3013.8 MHz
Bus speed: 200.9 MHz
HT link: 1004.6 MHz
CPU Cache:
L1 Data: 2x 64Kb
L1 Inst. : 2x 64kb
Level 2: 2x 1024kb

Dram Frequency: 376.7MHz

Also, I got the specs from the manufacterer, but I took the options to upgrade to 4GB and a 9800GTX

Oyabin

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2008
You have same problem as i had. I have the same motherboard and 6400+.
The motherboard supports only 5400+/5600+ or less (dont remember which). You gotta change motherboard or processor.

edit: noticed that your processor was 89W so no watt-problem

Jelenator

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2008
Oh my lord, I have been searching for about a month to the answer to this problem.

My system is almost exactly the same...

M2N-X Plus
AMD Athlon dual core 6000+
XFX Geforce 8800GT
4GB DDR800 Ram
onboard sound

I recently built this system and when I tried running games the system hits 100% CPU usage, and the framerate will fluctuate between acheingly slow 1-2 fps and something insanely quick like 800 fps.

I have tried so many things to try and fix this - updated drivers, changed graphics card, ram, flashed bios. Nothing solves it. Only thing I haven't tried which I was about to do is a Windows XP reinstall.

I'm guessing as there have been no more posts that the answer is... the mobo simply is not able to support the 6000+ processor?

I have just contacted AMD about the processor and I am going to contact Asus to see if either manufacturer can give me a definitive answer.

Justdoncry

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2008
I have the same problem with my PC. My Spec: M2N-X Plus AMD Athlon dual core 5200+ Saphhire HD3870 512 DDR4 4GB DDR800......I hope you will post the solution if you have fixed the problem...

Justdoncry

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2008
FIXED IT! Just go to bios settings and make this changes:
Microcode unification:Disable......
Cool'n Quiet:Enable.....
Plug'n Play OS:Enable.....
It worked for me

keepitcool

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2008
To anyone reading this post, hear this: I've got the same problem as u all! Got a brand new computer in december 07, an athlon 6000 and got problems with it ever since. Bought it for gaming but games like bioshock or overlord requiring a lot from the cpu made it stutter like crazy even with a lot of exhaust fans (I've got a good gaming case). So... been searching and searching here and there. An ok solution I saw on an amd forum was to put a fan or the upper left corner of the motherboard to help the heatsink. It works but only to 95% while the demanding games are still ''lagging'' some here and there.

Now listen, what I found is the athlon 6000 is generating a lot of heat as you already know, so much that with stock fan/heatsink that comes with it your motherboard will have a hard time tolerating all this. What you need to fix it (hope it works for you) is to buy an arctic cooling freezer 64 pro, you can have this on ebay for 32 $ canadian, and apply the right amount of thermal paste (if u buy it new a pre-applied paste will be given). You install it with the fan facing the front of your case and ... tadam! problem solved for me! So before listening to others who will tell you to play in the bios or changing your motherboard (which can solve it I heard it can in some cases) try that easy solution to see if it works for you cause for me it works like a charm! Hope it helps! :sol:

G

I had a similar problem...

Asus m2n-se plus band new athlon x2 6000+ and ASUS 4850...

I was running Futuremark 06 and at the end of several of the video tests, I noticed my frame rates drop to 4-5 fps... The screen was usually fadeing out when this happened...

(by the way I scored and abysmal 7500 overall...)

I went to ASUS and downloaded the video driver from their website... I re-installed the video divers (they were a little older then the drivers from ATI/AMD). I re-ran 3dMark 06 and the pausing ceased, and my score went up to 8900 (a little less abysmal, but I still consider it low for the machine I have)...

Moral of the story, try using the video driver from your video card manufacturer and see if it helps...

If you are an ASUS employee, wtf???? please help us figure this out and post a correction... or new bios or whatever... kind of disapointed with both products...

G

forgot to mention... I believe there to be a (maybe several) conflicts between on-board video/audio and installed video cards... (Your guess is as good as mine at to how to fix it)...

keepitcool

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2008
Well in any case there are some solutions. For me I know that the bios changes never improved anything nor the video driver. Even tried to switch for 3 different video card and no changes. The only thing that improved gaming was to underclock my processor = less heat = less lag or switch to a better cpu cooler which solved my problem ever since. The problem never came back in any game and that's a cheap solution which only did cost me 30 bucks. Considering some people changed motherboard = $$$$... always good to try cheaper solution first. Wish u luck all!

seano_87

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2009

Oi how did ya go dude??? my pc is the exact same aswell but when im tryin half desent games my framerate drops down to about .5 fps haha its ridiculous!!! been hunting down to workout weather its the CPU, MOBO or video card so i dont end up changing the wrong (fkd) parts
have a good one lads

pablojr1971

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2009

Thank you Thank you Justdoncry!

It also worked for me!!!!!

Alberto309

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2009

It doesn't worked for me :(

My pc specs:

ASUS M3A78-EMH HDMI Mobo
EN8800GTS 512 Vga
2 GB Ram DDR2 OC-Z Reaper
Nilox 600 W Ali
OS Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate 32 Bit.

I can run Unreal Tournament 3 with all maximum settings at 1280x1024 and i beat 100 fps, but anytime it goes down to 10-15 and after goin up to 100-130 -.-

Btw i've founded a solution for those "lags" when I was get Windows XP SP3, but now I've installed Vista Ultimate 32 Bit and i can't remember the damned installation I've downloaded for fix this problem! :(

Please anyone of you help me and us to solve this problem! PLEASE!!! :(((

G

You just have to disable microcode thing in the BIOS. Good luck! :bounce:

G

amd 6000+
nvidia 9600 gt
asus m3a78
When I play a game even warcrat3 after some minute i am starting to see in frames (1fs-3 fms)
Can someone please help me. This problem occuered after 3 monts I've bouth my computer

rizzla_93

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2010

Just thought I'd register here to say this method worked for me as well. It didn't fix battlefield bad company 2 for me, but all my steam games (l4d, l4d2, tf2 ect.) seem to work properly again without having random fps drops / cpu spikes and all that.

Thanks alot, appreciate it.