4x1 gig ram problem with asus m2n

G

Hello!

I have 4x1 KHX6400D2LL/1G (kingston Hyperx 800mhz cl4) memory , the problem is that the computer will only start if i have 2x1gb or 3x1gb of memorys installed with (800mhz 4.4.4.12) , with all 4 installed the computer wont even boot to bios. I have tried lowering the speed of the memories too 667 and 533 with 5.5.5.18 2t and raising the woltage to 1.9v and the cpu voltage to 1.45. all the memorie modules work, iv tested them one by one in all the slots.
And i was at my brothers this weekend and tested the memory in his board and it did run great!!
What should the Tras and Trc be at, i have them auto in bios. Nvidia control panel shows Tras=12 and Trc=26???
I have the newest bios (0808)
Can anything be done???

My specs Are
Amd x2 6000+ 31ghz 89w
Seagate barracuda
Asus M2n
Geeforce 8800gts
Xtreeme gamer soundcard
Nexus truepower 500W

dokk2

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2007
well for what it's worth i had the very same kingston hyperx ram 2x1 in my m2n-e mobo and i had a slew of problems with it,,nothing serious mind you,just small things,and considering that the ram is supposed to be on the qvl,list i was to say the least dumbfounded,
so i replaced it with some crucial ballistics 8500,not on the qvl,btw,,and all my problems went away,in fact the system now runs like a charm,
i have read elsewhere and around the web that some mobo's do not play well with 4x1 ram,looks like our m2n-[e] is one of those boards,
my system is very similar to yours amd 5000+be,asus 8800gt,2x1 crucial ram
ocz 600w psu,as you know the black edition cpu are not locked so overclocking is just a matter of upping the multiplier ,,all else i left alone,,
so my 2.6 cpu is happily running at 2.9xx,without any help from me ,all else is set to auto,go figure,so i suggest that if you can replace your 1g ram with 2g's and sell off the others,as to which ones to but well i can not really make any recommendations as i am not running qvl approved..:)

G

Yeah, im starting to consider selling the 4 kingston sticks and buyng 2x2gigs of other memory!
i just bought the 2 other sticks so it would be a waste of money.
Im just hoping for some magical bios setting that i havent noticed =D
Should memoryhole remapping be disabled or enabled?? and what should i have tras and trc at?????

bobbknight

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2006
My a Asus board before the south bridge died on it would not boot with a 4 memory slots populated. This seems to be a common thing with Asus.
Their tech support is so bad in the rma process that I not buy another Asus board.

G

Hate this ****...Why the hell dos it say that it supports up to 8gb of ram when it cant even handle 4! Lol
Been struggling to get 4 gigs up over a month now!!!
I hate asus. My previos board was a Gigabyte, Newer had a single problem With that board. but that was a loong time ago before i entered the gloorius world of amd and asus =D