guferr

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2009
Hi, i having a problem:
I have a flash drive thats not works, this pendrive is not recognized by the computer, not at all, this act like there nothing on the port, this not appear in DOS plataforms, do not appear on UNIX plataforms and do not appear on BIOS. i already tried washing it with special products, and tried washing with soap, but nothing.
I think the problem is in the controler IC, the au6982, and not on the memory.
Is there any way to get back the data on it, or better, bring the device back , because this costs $250.00, so i need this.
thanx

Technical info:
Memory: (HYNIX) HY27UT088G2A
controler (ALCOR) AU6982
1G memory

sub mesa

Distinguished
Wash with soap? :D

Seriously, this is electronics. If something is damaged, like the controller hit by ESD (electrostatic discharge) there's not much you can do except bringing it to special data recovery labs, but they will have much higher prices for recovery than $250. Do that x 10 and you can start talking to these guys. So only if the data is truely important would i consider putting more effort to it.

As for the device itself, you should have warranty unless they can prove you mistreated the product. I wouldn't mention to them you washed the product in soap, though.