LCD pixel question

maximiza

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2007
Hiya,
Well I got a brand new Samsung T240, looks great but after 2 days I noted a pixel anomolly. I downloaded the a freeware dead pixel software finder and it works in RED, BLACK, and BLUE, But it shows up in GREEN and WHITE. I assume I have a sub pixel issue. I rubbed it and used the pixel fixer color changer on that one pixel but I still have it. I read to shut down the monitor and apply pressure when turning it back on but how much pressure to use? I am a CRT guy and this is my first LCD. It is not the worst an I can live with it but I have a hope I can fix this sucka!!!

auscanzukus

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2008
RMA it back to the retailer ASAP, but some retailers or manufacturers have a return policy on how many pixels are considered bad. 1 might not be bad to them. I have on in the top-right corner. Granted, mine is 1 year old.

maximiza

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2007
I bought it from Provantage which does have a 30 day return policy , but to pay 26.00 to ship it back where I might get one with anouther sub pixel out is not worth it. Samsung goes by the ISO 13406-2 standerd which I was told means for a 24" panel you need more then 5 full dead pixels. Technically 1 bad sub pixel is not a defect for an LCD at all. I will try some massager software/websites and see what happens. I have been told its more a mental thing when you focus on once bad sub pixel so I guess I am mental/anal? hahahahahaah

dtq

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2006
I had a green stuck pixel on my samung 2032. I wasnt best pleased but within a week it had dissapeared by itself whilst playing games I didnt even get round to using any special software.

Doesnt change the horrible viewing angles, poor colour stability etc etc.

I still prefer CRT's :( considering trying a non tn gaming screen sometime. like the sound of the lenovo one with the higher than normal resolution...

maximiza

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2007
I havent even had it a week maybe it is just a factor of time. I did look at MVP panels and stuff but you will get inverse ghosting unless you spend 2500 on it which is out of budget for me. I think the technology has alittle more to go but I can't really complain about the colors compaird to my old CRT. For some reason they seem richer on this LCD.

Get an S-PVA, or even better, an S-IPS. It's only TN that tend to have those problems.

dtq

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2006
Ive got a sony panel here that isnt TN, not sure what technology it is. It hasnt got the viewing angle issues, terrible differences in colour over areas of the screen though and gaming on it gives me a headache due to the response times. I also am way to used to 0.21 dot pitch CRT's I find the visible pixel size of the samsung horrendous.

Im tempted to try the lenovo one as thats a bit better but still would like to see a LCD witha dot pitch around 0.22, no colour issues no ghosting, and no viewing angle issues, all for around £300 :D Guess in a few years maybe :(.

My CRT's are getting old and dieing though :( lost 2 of them in the last year and a third has started playing up :(