Which D-link router to buy?

I think i have it narrowed to these three, but still not sure. Looking for some advise/personal experience with any of these products.

D-Link DIR-655
D-Link DIR-825
D-Link DGL-4500

The setup is in a townhome, the router is upstairs were the cable comes into the house. At the current time there is not a computer wired to the router(maybe a web/media server at a later time). Main desktop is a Dell Optiplex 960 with dell wireless. Also have a laptop that is in various places in the house. The big deal is Xbox 360 using the microsoft xbox adapter to connect to the network.

I have read that D-link is weird about connecting to the Xbox with the Microsoft adapter. I have read if the router is NOT a "GAMING" router it will not connect. Is this true? Also i am open a little bit to other brands, just I have only used d-link, I bought the DI-524 when it came out about 5 years ago and never looked back till now, just keeps dropping connection too much, just think its time to retire it.

thanks in advance for your comments/help.
4 answers Last reply
More about which link router
  1. no opinions at all?
  2. i guess nobody uses dlink here.....i do think im going with the 655...looks to be the best value for what im going for.........
  3. GO WITH THE DLINK DIR825,IT'S REAL DUAL BAND,GREAT RANGE AND VERY STABLE!
  4. DON'T BUY THE 4500 GAMING ROUTER!MINE QUIT AFTER 3 MONTHS,LIKE I SAID BUY THE DIR825 IT IS A SWEET REAL TIME DUAL BAND ROUTER,YOU CAN RUN 2 SEPARATE NETWORKS AT THE SAME TIME ONE WILL ME 2.4GHZ. GOOD FOR INTERNET AND AND THE OTHER WILL BE 5GHZ,GOOD GOR GAMING.THE 4500 WILL NOT DO THIS!
    BC
Ask a new question

Read More

Routers D-Link Wireless Networking