Sign in with
Your question

Which D-link router to buy?

Last response: in Wireless Networking
August 7, 2009 2:52:38 AM

I think i have it narrowed to these three, but still not sure. Looking for some advise/personal experience with any of these products.

D-Link DIR-655
D-Link DIR-825
D-Link DGL-4500

The setup is in a townhome, the router is upstairs were the cable comes into the house. At the current time there is not a computer wired to the router(maybe a web/media server at a later time). Main desktop is a Dell Optiplex 960 with dell wireless. Also have a laptop that is in various places in the house. The big deal is Xbox 360 using the microsoft xbox adapter to connect to the network.

I have read that D-link is weird about connecting to the Xbox with the Microsoft adapter. I have read if the router is NOT a "GAMING" router it will not connect. Is this true? Also i am open a little bit to other brands, just I have only used d-link, I bought the DI-524 when it came out about 5 years ago and never looked back till now, just keeps dropping connection too much, just think its time to retire it.

thanks in advance for your comments/help.

More about : link router buy

August 8, 2009 4:24:41 AM

no opinions at all?
m
l
August 12, 2009 11:56:14 PM

i guess nobody uses dlink here.....i do think im going with the 655...looks to be the best value for what im going for.........
m
l
Related resources
August 18, 2009 4:03:53 PM

GO WITH THE DLINK DIR825,IT'S REAL DUAL BAND,GREAT RANGE AND VERY STABLE!
m
l
August 18, 2009 4:07:48 PM

DON'T BUY THE 4500 GAMING ROUTER!MINE QUIT AFTER 3 MONTHS,LIKE I SAID BUY THE DIR825 IT IS A SWEET REAL TIME DUAL BAND ROUTER,YOU CAN RUN 2 SEPARATE NETWORKS AT THE SAME TIME ONE WILL ME 2.4GHZ. GOOD FOR INTERNET AND AND THE OTHER WILL BE 5GHZ,GOOD GOR GAMING.THE 4500 WILL NOT DO THIS!
BC
m
l
!