net framework 1.1 service pack 1

Can anyone tell me what this update is for which is considered high
priority? I read what it says but still did not understand if I need it. I
am only using this home pc. it is not at a business. just personal use.
thanks in advance

--
Thanks so very much for your help-! ! ! !

As you are being offered the .NET framework service pack you must already
have .NET framework already installed on your pc therefore the upgrade is
necessary.
A lot of the latest software applications (and i'm not only talking
commercial applications, some freeware and shareware applications use it
too) use .NET framework so you may find it useful.

--
John Barnett MVP
Associate Expert

The information in this post is supplied "as is". No warranty of any kind,
either expressed or implied, is made in relation to the accuracy,
reliability or content of this post. The Author shall not be liable for any
direct, indirect, incidental or consequential damages arising out of the use
of, or inability to use, information or opinions expressed in this post..

RustyM wrote:

> Can anyone tell me what this update is for which is considered high
> priority? I read what it says but still did not understand if I need
> it. I am only using this home pc. it is not at a business. just
> personal use. thanks in advance

Whether it's a home PC or a business one is irrelevant.

The .net framework is a runtime file needed to run programs written with
..net. It's roughly analogous to the old vbrunXXX.dll files needed to run
programs written in Visual Basic.

Because .net is relatively new, there aren't yet a lot of programs that use
it. A few months ago I had none. Today I have two. Even if you don't run any
of these programs now, it's likely that you will soon, so my recommendation
is that you might as well get this, so it will be there when you need it.

--
Ken Blake
Please Reply to the Newsgroup

I found that Quick Books uses it, when I installed QB 2005 a few weeks ago.