Physx unsuccessful install, now chaos.

Snowbum

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2009
This little ah heck is pestering me.

I can not install physx due to a registry key being inaccessable to me (admin) and everyone with full permissions. I thougt that was very weird, considering I am admin and even when I edit permissions it wont let me edit, delete or even view the reg keys.

I tried deleting from command prompt, but results in access denied. :heink:

I figured that I could delete this entry by booting to system repair disc and run the command prompt. The path is not valid, does not exist. :pt1cable: Tried running regedit from inside system recovery and deleting it via command lines, but it is just not there.

btw, full path is: "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\UserData\S-1-5-18\Components\8967D88E47F1B101B8F3FE6FA2A404E2\67C4BD9B4A105D6498017FAA3667BDFA"

Before I go through the process of a fresh install, figured I would ask you guys if you had any ideas to help troubleshoot this.

Thanks,

Tom

Snowbum

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2009
Well....seems that I was loading the offline reg wrong before. I was able to view it offline, however still not able to delete/modify in any way. Going to go with a fresh install.