cpk

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2008
I just finished building my new PC and no power is getting to the system. For those of you who use the Antec 900 case, you'll know that on the back there's an analog power switch, and on top there's a digital power button. I only bothered with connecting the analog switch since I couldn't find where the cord from the digital power button connects to the motherboard. Shouldn't the analog switch be enough to power the system, or must I have the digital button connected as well in order to turn on the system? I don't know what else could be the problem.

lv426

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2007
You need to connect the top button to the mb to turn it on.

Tell us the make and model of the motherboard and we will help you as to where this cable goes :)

lacerveza

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2008
you need to connect all of the front panel connectors to ur mobo really its all in the mobo manual ,just remember the coloured wires are live and the white ones are neutral so plug them in the right way.the connectors should be on the bottom right hand side of your mobo, look in ur manual under internal connectors,they are tiny little pins.

yadge

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2007
I have the antec 900, and I have no idea what you mean by an analog switch. You just need to connect the front power button to the motherboard where it tells you to in the manual.

cpk

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2008
By analog switch I mean the switch on the back that flips on and off, as opposed to the one on the top that you just press to turn the computer on.

The make of the motherboard is Gigabyte.

lacerveza

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2008
yeah the analogue switch is the one on the psu that u preumably put in and is nothing to to do with anything apart from the psu

cmichael258

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2006
If you look at the manual diagram, you'll see that the cable from the front power button should be connected to the PW_SW connector on the MB.

dallasjoh

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2007
When looking for help on this forum we need a little more info from you like what cpu, motherboard brand and model, ram size and speed, hsf, video card, etc; etc;. Below is a picture from the manual of a Gigabyte P45 motherboard. This is just an example your motherboard may be a little different. You can find this info in your manual or online at Gigabytes website. I have the Antec 900 and the wires from the top of the case need to connect to the motherboard front panel connector. The white wires are neg- and the colored wires are pos+. Your only going to have three connectors, power switch, reset switch and harddrive led.
GigabiteP45.jpg

cpk

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2008
dallajosh,

The only brands that should matter in this case are the motherboard and the case... the diagram of the mb you posted is basically the setup of mine - however, the length of the power/reset cords do not reach that portion of the board! I've installed a Sapphire 4850 vid card which stands in the way of the cords, so for some reason they weren't made long enough to go around it.

yadge

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2007
Just put them in first, then install the videocard. The wires can go underneath it. The cables on the antec 900 can reach the bottom of a full sized motherboard. If yours can't, then you need to send the case back or something. Just do the cables before you put the videocard in.

cpk

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2008
How do the cords go under the video card? I'm at work right now so I can't look at it for a while, but I did consider that and didn't find any way of connecting the card on top of the wires.

dallasjoh

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2007
After looking at mine again I noticed that my front panel connector on the mb is in the bottom right hand corner, a little closer than where it is located on your mb. You may want to consider the 2 pin extensions on the link I posted above.

cpk

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2008
I'm finding it really annoying that there isn't some sort of protocol between motherboards, it causes so many compatability problems. I'll try to fit the cords under the vid card and if that doesn't work then I guess I'll get some extension cords.

TRENDING THREADS