How do I stop the CD disk menu appearing - permanently?

Every time I fire up a CD drive or an external HDD I get the annoying
options screen inviting me to choose between several tasks.

I always access these devices from Explorer and I want to turn off -
permanently - these other options such as the one like "Windows can perform
the same action each time you insert a disk or connect a device with this
kind of file" screen.

Can some one advise me how to do this?

Please help, Frank
3 answers Last reply
More about stop disk menu appearing permanently

    Doug Knox has the solution here depending on your version
    Disable CD autoplay, completely, in Windows XP Home
    http://www.dougknox.com/xp/tips/cd_autoplay_home.htm

    To Disable CD autoplay, completely, in Windows XP Pro
    http://www.dougknox.com/xp/tips/cd_autoplay_pro.htm

    --

    Harry Ohrn MS-MVP [Shell/User]
    www.webtree.ca/windowsxp

    Frank Martin wrote:
    > Every time I fire up a CD drive or an external HDD I get the annoying
    > options screen inviting me to choose between several tasks.
    >
    > I always access these devices from Explorer and I want to turn off -
    > permanently - these other options such as the one like "Windows can perform
    > the same action each time you insert a disk or connect a device with this
    > kind of file" screen.
    >
    > Can some one advise me how to do this?
    >
    > Please help, Frank

    A really easy method is TweakUI has some other handy features too.
    Get it here. Make sure you get the 32 bit version.

    gls858

    "Frank Martin" <paul@colonel.com.au> wrote in message
    > Every time I fire up a CD drive or an external HDD I get the annoying
    > options screen inviting me to choose between several tasks.
    >
    > I always access these devices from Explorer and I want to turn off -
    > permanently - these other options such as the one like "Windows can
    > perform the same action each time you insert a disk or connect a device
    > with this kind of file" screen.
    >
    > Can some one advise me how to do this?
    >
    > Please help, Frank

    ** Thanks for the replies......*