Sign in with
Your question

Onboard Ethernet Port not working...

Last response: in Motherboards
October 5, 2008 10:55:33 AM

I have an Intel D915gav motherboard, and recently I had to take the processor out to apply some new thermal compound.

Well, for some reason, now the onboard LAN adapter has stopped working, I plug a working ethernet cable in to the mobo, and the LED lights on the port do not turn on. I also cant get the device to show up in my device manager as well. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
a b V Motherboard
October 22, 2008 12:55:29 PM

onboard eh???
sure that it is activated in the bios??
if the device manager dose not see it and it is turned on/activated in the bios,maybe time for a mobo rma??
you report that the lights on the port no light up,= him not on ,, or him snafu'ed..:) 
October 22, 2008 1:20:27 PM

dokk2 said:
onboard eh???
sure that it is activated in the bios??
if the device manager dose not see it and it is turned on/activated in the bios,maybe time for a mobo rma??
you report that the lights on the port no light up,= him not on ,, or him snafu'ed..:) 

Yes good point dokk2 you may want to reset bios back to defaults. (making sure the ethernet port is activated) if that doesn't work you may have zapped the port. If that is the case the best thing to do is just buy a NIC card.
September 5, 2010 5:58:31 AM

similar prob. this worked for me. got it from here: http://en.kioskea.net/forum/affich-100254-network-cable...

1.) Shut dowm your PC.
2.) Unplug the power cord.
3.) If you have a laptop, remove the battery as well.
4.) Walk away from the problem for at least 30 minutes.
5.) When you return, reconnect battery and power cord.
5.) Start as usual.
6.) If this solves the problem, take 20 minutes and post this to all of those message boards that you didn't find the solution to.
!