twiztedkid69

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2009
im a newbie and tried overclocking went to CPU and just set everything to max, then when i saved and exited out of the config, i went to restart my computer,
and it wont work, it turns on and all, but wont recoognize the monitor keyboards mouse nothing, not quite sure what i changed. How can i fix it?

:'(

xaira

Distinguished
i believe u did this in bios, so if u dont have a bios reset button then take out the bios battery on the motherboard and start the pc with the battery out, take the pc off again reseat the battery and turn it on again

never oc without understanding wat ur doing, post a thread with ur hardware and ask or just consult the guide, just maxed everything !!!!hmph!!!!

That's pretty good general advice on clearing the BIOS. Your motherboard manual will have the exact procedures to clear the BIOS.

These assume that you are running an Intel CPU:

HOWTO: Overclock C2Q (Quads) and C2D (Duals) - Guide v1.6.1
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/240001-29-howto-overclock-quads-duals-guide

Core 2 Quad and Duo Temperature Guide
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/221745-29-core-quad-temperature-guide

These are both "stickies" - permanent threads at the top of the forum. If you are going to OC, you need to know something about thermal management. Otherwise you risk discovering that your CPU has turned into a puddle of molten silicon in the bottom of your case.

Then google something like "overclock <your motherboard model>" for detailed instructions on how to OC your particular motherboard.

And keep in mind, these are guides, not cookbooks. Solid state electronics have so many variations, even two CPU's that came off the same die together, that you cannot say, "Do this, this, and this ... this much." And the choices you make in component selection also affect things.

videl

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2009
Actually you're a wannabe...lol... :lol:

No seriously I know what you mean...Never max when OCing...go little by little. And read about it before you do it. Consult with us and ask questions...

A bad overclcock means no boot.....very first thing you need to do is read your motherboard manual, thoroughly, so you a least halfway understand the very basics about your motherboard and BIOS. Once you have accomplished that, then grasshopper may want to start researching about, and trying some minor overclocking. You do realize that if you do not know what you are doing, you can completely kill your system, permanently? You do know that, right?