Hey everyone. I'm a huge fan of Star Wars, but I didnt want to shell
out 60 bucks to play this. After the game was out for a bit, I heard
some lackluster comments about it. Now, I see a local store is selling
the game for dirt cheap. Are enough people playing Galaxies to make it
worthwhile? What are your thoughts on the game?

Ben

The last I heard it was 250,000 subcribers strong. I've been playing
the game since a week after it first came out and love it. WOW! It
will soon be a year. Thats the longest I ever played a game. While
indeed it was not all it was cracked up to be when it first came out,
one of the things I have appreciated about SOE is the fact thay have
constantly worked to make it better. It is tons better than when it
first came out. And with Jump To Lightspeed as its first expansion,
it looks even more promising.

Peace

Griga
Insurgent Force
Flurry Server

On Fri, 04 Jun 2004 00:01:14 -0500, Durango <mdurango@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>Hey everyone. I'm a huge fan of Star Wars, but I didnt want to shell
>out 60 bucks to play this. After the game was out for a bit, I heard
>some lackluster comments about it. Now, I see a local store is selling
>the game for dirt cheap. Are enough people playing Galaxies to make it
>worthwhile? What are your thoughts on the game?
>
>Ben

Ben,

There are thousands playing the game daily. Literally.

There is a free 14 day trial going on right now to where you don't
even have to register a credit card to give it a try. (I think it's
still going on.) Try checking at
http://starwarsgalaxies.station.sony.com to see if the offer is still
good.

In any event, It is impossible to tell whether you will enjoy the game
or not. One thing for sure...... if you don't try it you will never
have the chance.

You MUST listen to my advice!! Seriously!!:) lol
Play this game FIRST before any other MMOG.
I turned this one down when my sis suggested I play.
Then I got Final Fantasy XI and tho I love it..
this one now has me hooked because of the trial!
IF I cold pay for 4 online game accounts (1 for me and 1 for my kids like
fFXI) I would do it.
it's awesome..
Try it and see.. if it's not for you, try FFXI
Chey

"Durango" <mdurango@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hey everyone. I'm a huge fan of Star Wars, but I didnt want to shell
> out 60 bucks to play this. After the game was out for a bit, I heard
> some lackluster comments about it. Now, I see a local store is selling
> the game for dirt cheap. Are enough people playing Galaxies to make it
> worthwhile? What are your thoughts on the game?
>
> Ben

BTW it is very very buggy but don't let that stop you from playing AND if
someone tips you some credits int he trial, make sure it's no more than
50000. I lost all 50000 of my tipped credits when I put it in the bank..
(just a bug) and customer service credited it back that evening.
:)
Chey

If you join the Flurry server, I can help you out. I am on a fair
amount of time during the summer. Name on the server is Girga Davom.

Girga
Matser Dancer/Novice Smuggler

"Lopez" <lopez_1_99@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:<kBaxc.21151$eH1.9534040@newssvr28.news.prodigy.com>...
> game is great now give it a shot

If you need any help...I am on the Flurry server and can help you get
started. Name on that server is Girga Davom. Will help in anyway I
can.

Girga

"Lopez" <lopez_1_99@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:<kBaxc.21151$eH1.9534040@newssvr28.news.prodigy.com>...
> game is great now give it a shot

dawson

Welcome to SWG -

Beginning now gives you lots of time to get your character built up and
ready for the fall realease of the Space Expansion. You'll have lots of
opportunity to master a profession (or two) as well as accumulate Faction
Ranks and points.

I'm on the Shadowfire server, planet Rori and the city is Titan and I do
offer a very lucrutive joining package. There are many good reasons to join
a player city - here are just a few:

+ joining perks to help get started

+ many other established players willing to help with questions and

profession

+ lower cost of items

+ community and friendship

The game has definitely changed with the new vehicles, mounts, player cities
and content etc... and I'm sure it's gonna get even better.

"Durango" <mdurango@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hey everyone. I'm a huge fan of Star Wars, but I didnt want to shell
> out 60 bucks to play this. After the game was out for a bit, I heard
> some lackluster comments about it. Now, I see a local store is selling
> the game for dirt cheap. Are enough people playing Galaxies to make it
> worthwhile? What are your thoughts on the game?
>
> Ben

Yeah, Im enjoying it and will definately buy it when it comes out. The
monthly fee isnt so bad at all. My problem is I hope I can keep the
character I made with the 14 day trial. I'll email tech support later
to ask. Awesome game. Good way to kill 7 hrs at a stretch

Ben

You can!
that's the whole point.
They say somewhere that if you want to keep playing buy the game. If you buy
the game you will get a month free and keep your character because the
character is based on the logon account you made!:)
glad you finally made it in.
Chey

> Yeah, Im enjoying it and will definately buy it when it comes out. The
> monthly fee isnt so bad at all. My problem is I hope I can keep the
> character I made with the 14 day trial. I'll email tech support later
> to ask. Awesome game. Good way to kill 7 hrs at a stretch
>
> Ben

Thanks a ton! Its incredbly fun to play, though I cant wait to get
further up the skills ladder.

On Thu, 10 Jun 2004 16:48:37 GMT, "Chey" <cheyjc@houston.rr.com>
wrote:

>You can!
>that's the whole point.
>They say somewhere that if you want to keep playing buy the game. If you buy
>the game you will get a month free and keep your character because the
>character is based on the logon account you made!:)
>glad you finally made it in.
>Chey

BTW What server did you start on ben?
thanks
Cynnamon

"Durango" <mdurango@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Yeah, Im enjoying it and will definately buy it when it comes out. The
> monthly fee isnt so bad at all. My problem is I hope I can keep the
> character I made with the 14 day trial. I'll email tech support later
> to ask. Awesome game. Good way to kill 7 hrs at a stretch
>
> Ben

The first one I tried was Radiant. I have no complaints :) Is there
any difference between servers? Do you suggest any?

Ben

On Thu, 10 Jun 2004 16:49:06 GMT, "Chey" <cheyjc@houston.rr.com>
wrote:

>BTW What server did you start on ben?
>thanks
>Cynnamon
>
>"Durango" <mdurango@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Yeah, Im enjoying it and will definately buy it when it comes out. The
>> monthly fee isnt so bad at all. My problem is I hope I can keep the
>> character I made with the 14 day trial. I'll email tech support later
>> to ask. Awesome game. Good way to kill 7 hrs at a stretch
>>
>> Ben

well a very busy one is Chilastra but the great thing is you can try out
(when your trial is done) 10 of the servers. I tried out radiant as well.
I hve a character on Radiant Named Cinnamin Toaste
and I have a character on Chilastra named Cinnamon Toast (the trial one) and
I am now on a permanent account on Chilastra named Cynnamon (no toast:) I
forgot to put a last name :)
Radiant is nice but it's not as busy as Chilastra.
But ask around or search SWG servers and see what comes up ;)
Chey
aka
Cynnamon

> The first one I tried was Radiant. I have no complaints :) Is there
> any difference between servers? Do you suggest any?
>
> Ben
>
> On Thu, 10 Jun 2004 16:49:06 GMT, "Chey" <cheyjc@houston.rr.com>
> wrote:
>
> >BTW What server did you start on ben?
> >thanks
> >Cynnamon
> >
> >"Durango" <mdurango@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> >> Yeah, Im enjoying it and will definately buy it when it comes out. The
> >> monthly fee isnt so bad at all. My problem is I hope I can keep the
> >> character I made with the 14 day trial. I'll email tech support later
> >> to ask. Awesome game. Good way to kill 7 hrs at a stretch
> >>
> >> Ben

Welcome to Chilastra! I'm Chabu. I started about a month ago and it truly is
an addictive game and the depth of it amazes me. I call it the Time
Sponge.....hehe.

"Chey" <cheyjc@houston.rr.com> wrote in message
> well a very busy one is Chilastra but the great thing is you can try out
> (when your trial is done) 10 of the servers. I tried out radiant as well.
> I hve a character on Radiant Named Cinnamin Toaste
> and I have a character on Chilastra named Cinnamon Toast (the trial one)
and
> I am now on a permanent account on Chilastra named Cynnamon (no toast:) I
> forgot to put a last name :)
> Radiant is nice but it's not as busy as Chilastra.
> But ask around or search SWG servers and see what comes up ;)
> Chey
> aka
> Cynnamon
>
> "Durango" <mdurango@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > The first one I tried was Radiant. I have no complaints :) Is there
> > any difference between servers? Do you suggest any?
> >
> > Ben
> >
> > On Thu, 10 Jun 2004 16:49:06 GMT, "Chey" <cheyjc@houston.rr.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> > >BTW What server did you start on ben?
> > >thanks
> > >Cynnamon
> > >
> > >"Durango" <mdurango@hotmail.com> wrote in message
The

thank you !
my kids call it the "Betrayal of FFXI":)
Chey