Just got the M3A79-T Deluxe a week ago. 9850be @3.1ghz

medjohnson77

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2008
I have a couple of interesting issues with my new board. I just replaced the Jetway HA04 extreem with the 600 southbridge for this ASUS with the 750sb. Results are alittle better OC ability.

Right now I am at 3.01 Ghz with a 200FSB and X15 multi. This set up seems stable and have not had it shut down yet. I am running a V.core of 1.38 and it is showing up as 1.41 in AOD.

1st issue is I have custom water cooler set up on this, and with my other Jetway board, I was at 2.88 ghz, some what stable, however it would blue screen every so often, which sucks! But the AOD would show it to stay at 28-32c at all times. With this new mother board the new AOD program shows the cpu at idle 71-74c and when I run benchmark06 it hits high 80's C. The Asus probe II shows my temps never going above 37c, and neither does my temp sensor on the water line going into the radiator. Which do I Trust??? I am under the impression that any thing past 60C is not good news for a 9850be.

Second issue is that when I run bench mark 06 I get a score of around 13,585 but if I add all the totals up from my scores I get a total of around 16,000. I am running the new 4870 and I am not sure what is up with that?? anyone have the same results??

Express gate is not working on this board and it has something to do with disabling a fuction in the bios (ACIP) i think? Does anyone have any experiance with this issue?

I have posted alot when I first built my 2 custom rigs back around 7 months ago, I have not been on here in a while, so if you need more info on my specs just let me know.

Thanks guys.

1dude1

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2008
you need to install it like a bios update. i have this same motherboard and i love it(4870 x2). just check the temps in the bios to see the idle load then trust that program. also are you sure that aod isn't talking about your card. i mean i can't use it to adjust my oc because it doesn't work with this motherboard or at least i can't get it to. the 4870 if anything like the 4870 x2 runs at about 70 C and arouind 90C load unless you turn up your fan so make sure you arn't getting those temps in aod.

medjohnson77

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2008
Hey 1dude1,

as far as I know it is not the temp on my 4870, I have the fan fix for it and it never hits above 50C now, AOD is giving me that temp on all four cores which is way higher then what ASUS probe is giving. It is still like that to this day, AOD is saying 70-74C and Asus probe II is saying the cores never hit over 35C maxed out. I think I am going to have to trust Asus probe and the bios reading which at Idle shows 27C... Thanks for the input