Sign in with
Your question

Help finding an 8-bit 24'' display for gaiming. Sorry if this is a rep

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
July 31, 2008 12:39:41 AM

I may have posted this once but I can't remember and I can't find my post (search is disabled)

BUT, I'll be grabbing a gtx280 soon, and want a better display...

I mostly game, do some 3d animation and what not, use to do ALOT of cad, not so much any more, would still like a display suitable for it though. I imagine any 8 bit display good for gaming would be fine for cad. I wouldn't want to spend more than 450, which puts me in range of the benq but I want other choices before I pick, peoples opinions and reviews. Also, its impossible to find 8 bit panels based on the specs listed on Etailers, so I thought I might ask to see of some one knows or knows a site that has listed them or done a big panel round up.

Thanks

More about : finding bit display gaiming rep

July 31, 2008 1:00:35 AM

3D Animation? Maya? CAD? Well, I'll actually suggest the Radeon 4870 rather than the GTX280 as overall it has more total bandwidth (Exceeding one tera) theorhetically this means faster for 3D applications..... If they support it, because software based ones still rely on the processor. So just upgrade the processor if that software doesn't support 3D rendering on hardware.
July 31, 2008 5:29:45 AM

Dell Ultrasharp 2408WFP. 8 bit S-PVA, stunning colors.

It is a bit above your price range though.
July 31, 2008 1:26:05 PM

cjl said:
Dell Ultrasharp 2408WFP. 8 bit S-PVA, stunning colors.

It is a bit above your price range though.

Is that the one with the stunning Input Lag people have been complaining about, but supposed to be fixed in the next revision which isn't available yet?
July 31, 2008 7:13:56 PM

Stunning input lag?

No. It has a very slight input lag. It isn't noticeable in 99% of circumstances, but it isn't zero.
July 31, 2008 7:22:17 PM

I think only very few people have experienced real problems with that monitor. You're probably referring to a 1 in 1000 problem from an angry customer (don't blame him, but I'm just saying chances are rare).
!