Recovery of Deleted Items?

Is there a place where I can recover items that were deleted from
Windows Explorer? I mistakenly deleted an email message I shouldn't
have, but don't know where to look for it. Thanks!
8 answers Last reply
More about recovery deleted items

    Hi,

    Fiels/folders that are accidentally deleted can generally be recovered by an
    undelete utility. There are plenty of free ones available on a google
    search. Email is a different subject, as most email programs use some sort
    of proprietary file type. To recover one, if at all possible, you would need
    a utility specific to that program. With many email programs, deletion is
    permanent.

    --
    Best of Luck,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

    "tubbfan" <tubbfan@excite.com> wrote in message
    > Is there a place where I can recover items that were deleted from Windows
    > Explorer? I mistakenly deleted an email message I shouldn't have, but
    > don't know where to look for it. Thanks!

    check the recycle bin....?

    "tubbfan" <tubbfan@excite.com> wrote in message
    > Is there a place where I can recover items that were deleted from Windows
    > Explorer? I mistakenly deleted an email message I shouldn't have, but
    > don't know where to look for it. Thanks!

    E-mail doesn't end up in Windows recycle bin..

    --
    Mike Hall
    MVP - Windows Shell/User

    "Andrew Murray" <Noadmurray@SPAMiinet.net.au> wrote in message
    > check the recycle bin....?
    >
    > "tubbfan" <tubbfan@excite.com> wrote in message
    >> Is there a place where I can recover items that were deleted from Windows
    >> Explorer? I mistakenly deleted an email message I shouldn't have, but
    >> don't know where to look for it. Thanks!

    I didn't think the OP wasn't asking about "how to recover email" The OP
    said "how to recover a deleted item"

    How does one delete email from Windows Explorer? Messages are stored in an
    "mbx" or whatever file, not as separate identifiable messages.

    I wouldn't even know where to look for emails unless through my email
    client. I don't know how emails could be 'accidentally" deleted from
    anything except the email client.

    Try the "deleted items" or "trash" or whatever its called in your email
    program.

    > E-mail doesn't end up in Windows recycle bin..
    >
    > --
    > Mike Hall
    > MVP - Windows Shell/User
    >

    > "Andrew Murray" <Noadmurray@SPAMiinet.net.au> wrote in message
    >> check the recycle bin....?
    >>
    >> "tubbfan" <tubbfan@excite.com> wrote in message
    >>> Is there a place where I can recover items that were deleted from
    >>> Windows Explorer? I mistakenly deleted an email message I shouldn't
    >>> have, but don't know where to look for it. Thanks!

    Andrew

    <quote>.. "I mistakenly deleted an email message I shouldn't have,....... "
    <endquote>

    Look at the fifth word of the quote from the OP..

    Re. Windows Explorer references, many people seem to believe that everything
    is stored in Windows Explorer and/or registry.. eminently not true of
    course..

    Your suggestion to the OP to look in 'deleted' items is a good one, assuming
    that the OP hasn't emptied the 'deleted items' box..

    --

    tubbfan Wrote:
    > Is there a place where I can recover items that were deleted from
    > Windows Explorer? I mistakenly deleted an email message I shouldn't
    > have, but don't know where to look for it. Thanks!

    How do you delete mail from Windows Explorer? Did you mean to say a
    email program like Hotmail or Outlook? If it got deleted in Outlook and
    it is not in the trash folder or wherever they get dumped in, you will
    most likely need a third party software, and yes, that probably means
    spending some $$$. I can't be completely sure about this so research it
    some more.

    --
    Evolution54

    Go here and get "Smart Recovery"
    http://www.datarecovery-europe.com/default.htm it's free and good.

    "tubbfan" <tubbfan@excite.com> wrote in message
    > Is there a place where I can recover items that were deleted from Windows
    > Explorer? I mistakenly deleted an email message I shouldn't have, but
    > don't know where to look for it. Thanks!
  8. Well, deleted email can be recovered. You have to choose the right email recovery software depending on the email client from which you have deleted the email.

    Levin
    Email Recovery

Data Recovery Windows Explorer Microsoft Windows XP