Recovery of Deleted Items?

August 25, 2005 2:00:50 AM

Is there a place where I can recover items that were deleted from
Windows Explorer? I mistakenly deleted an email message I shouldn't
have, but don't know where to look for it. Thanks!

More about : recovery deleted items

Anonymous
August 25, 2005 10:19:30 AM

Hi,

Fiels/folders that are accidentally deleted can generally be recovered by an
undelete utility. There are plenty of free ones available on a google
search. Email is a different subject, as most email programs use some sort
of proprietary file type. To recover one, if at all possible, you would need
a utility specific to that program. With many email programs, deletion is
permanent.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"tubbfan" <tubbfan@excite.com> wrote in message
> Is there a place where I can recover items that were deleted from Windows
> Explorer? I mistakenly deleted an email message I shouldn't have, but
> don't know where to look for it. Thanks!
Anonymous
August 25, 2005 11:36:09 PM

check the recycle bin....?

"tubbfan" <tubbfan@excite.com> wrote in message
> Is there a place where I can recover items that were deleted from Windows
> Explorer? I mistakenly deleted an email message I shouldn't have, but
> don't know where to look for it. Thanks!
August 25, 2005 11:36:10 PM

E-mail doesn't end up in Windows recycle bin..

--
Mike Hall
MVP - Windows Shell/User

"Andrew Murray" <Noadmurray@SPAMiinet.net.au> wrote in message
> check the recycle bin....?
>
> "tubbfan" <tubbfan@excite.com> wrote in message
>> Is there a place where I can recover items that were deleted from Windows
>> Explorer? I mistakenly deleted an email message I shouldn't have, but
>> don't know where to look for it. Thanks!

Anonymous
August 26, 2005 2:08:12 AM

I didn't think the OP wasn't asking about "how to recover email" The OP
said "how to recover a deleted item"

How does one delete email from Windows Explorer? Messages are stored in an
"mbx" or whatever file, not as separate identifiable messages.

I wouldn't even know where to look for emails unless through my email
client. I don't know how emails could be 'accidentally" deleted from
anything except the email client.

Try the "deleted items" or "trash" or whatever its called in your email
program.

> E-mail doesn't end up in Windows recycle bin..
>
> --
> Mike Hall
> MVP - Windows Shell/User
>

> "Andrew Murray" <Noadmurray@SPAMiinet.net.au> wrote in message
>> check the recycle bin....?
>>
>> "tubbfan" <tubbfan@excite.com> wrote in message
>>> Is there a place where I can recover items that were deleted from
>>> Windows Explorer? I mistakenly deleted an email message I shouldn't
>>> have, but don't know where to look for it. Thanks!

Anonymous
August 26, 2005 2:08:13 AM

Andrew

<quote>.. "I mistakenly deleted an email message I shouldn't have,....... "
<endquote>

Look at the fifth word of the quote from the OP..

Re. Windows Explorer references, many people seem to believe that everything
is stored in Windows Explorer and/or registry.. eminently not true of
course..

Your suggestion to the OP to look in 'deleted' items is a good one, assuming
that the OP hasn't emptied the 'deleted items' box..

--

>I didn't think the OP wasn't asking about "how to recover email" The OP
>said "how to recover a deleted item"
>
> How does one delete email from Windows Explorer? Messages are stored in an
> "mbx" or whatever file, not as separate identifiable messages.
>
> I wouldn't even know where to look for emails unless through my email
> client. I don't know how emails could be 'accidentally" deleted from
> anything except the email client.
>
> Try the "deleted items" or "trash" or whatever its called in your email
> program.
>

> "Mike Hall (MS-MVP)" <mike.hall.mail@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
>> E-mail doesn't end up in Windows recycle bin..
>>
>> --
>> Mike Hall
>> MVP - Windows Shell/User
>>

>> "Andrew Murray" <Noadmurray@SPAMiinet.net.au> wrote in message
>>> check the recycle bin....?
>>>
>>> "tubbfan" <tubbfan@excite.com> wrote in message

Anonymous
August 26, 2005 8:05:31 AM

tubbfan Wrote:
> Is there a place where I can recover items that were deleted from
> Windows Explorer? I mistakenly deleted an email message I shouldn't
> have, but don't know where to look for it. Thanks!

How do you delete mail from Windows Explorer? Did you mean to say a
email program like Hotmail or Outlook? If it got deleted in Outlook and
it is not in the trash folder or wherever they get dumped in, you will
most likely need a third party software, and yes, that probably means
spending some $$$. I can't be completely sure about this so research it
some more.

--
Evolution54
August 27, 2005 7:41:45 PM

Go here and get "Smart Recovery"
http://www.datarecovery-europe.com/default.htm it's free and good.

"tubbfan" <tubbfan@excite.com> wrote in message
> Is there a place where I can recover items that were deleted from Windows
> Explorer? I mistakenly deleted an email message I shouldn't have, but
> don't know where to look for it. Thanks!
June 10, 2008 5:55:47 AM

Well, deleted email can be recovered. You have to choose the right email recovery software depending on the email client from which you have deleted the email.

Levin
Email Recovery

!