HELP ME WITH NEW COMP.

riingo

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2008
I recently got a new computer. intel q9550 quad 2.88ghz, dual ATI 4870 , asus p5e3 deluxe wifi mobo, 4gb ddr3 ram, 1200 watt PSU...when i first received it the video wouldn't display so i figured the video cards were messed up so i replace the 4870 CF with new ones...still no luck...same problem...no video..so i changed the mobo..still the same problem..the problem is i get no display on my monitor and the computer doesnt even boot...i installed 4 more case fans which spins when i turn the computer on..all the fans work but the computer doesnt boot ..theres no beeps from the mobo..nothing..no display...since i changed the GPUS and the mobo and still doesnt work im starting to think it is the PSU??? anyone have any advice sugguestions to help me figure this out? ive had this comp for 3 weeks now with no luck....HELP.

G

some times a motherboard wont like 4 Gig of ram until you do a Bios update, this happened with an asus board i had try taking out 2 gig of ram and running on just 2 gig.

also take the PC to bare minimum, so no hard drive 1 stick of ram PSU 1 GPU, CPU and seeing if you can get to the bios.

if you can then put back one compoent at a time , hard drive, other GPU, rest of the ram.

also make sure you dont have any USB sticks attachecd to the PC or MP3 players sometimes mine wont boot cause it tries to boot of the USB lol

its prolly not ur PSU if the fans start up ect u should at least be able to get to the bios even if its under powered and its a 1200w PSU anyways

bobwya

May 21, 2005

It is always worth hunting around the disgruntled on NewEgg (BEFORE BUYING!!) they aren't all stupid idiots :pt1cable: :
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...haseMark=&VideoOnlyMark=False&Keywords=&Page=
56% ***** is not really good enough for the price....

It could be worth reading through the ASUS forums as one reviewer suggested.

Bob