Reactivated my account a few days ago and...

Wheeee!
Man, is this game fun. Can't wait for I5 though, many of the changes
there are really needed.
I was having the time of my life with the game when EQ2 came and my
guild decided to move there, so I did too. 4 or 5 months later, I got
tired of waiting for this or that other guild member to complete his
access quest to go to zone X, so left for WoW... 4 or 5 months later, I
got tired of having to bother a group of people to go to Uldaman (an
instance) so I could increase my enchanting skills.
Now I'm back in CoH and the game is as fun as I remember it!
Got to try real hard and concentrate on my highest level the 36 blaster
to get to 50 so I can try the new races... but man, it's so tempting to
play any of my other 10 or so 19+ level heroes :)

I noticed two things:
- When I played there was more variety in the groups. Most of the time
I was one of the one or two blasters in the group. Now there are
always at least 3 normally 4 blasters in most groups I've been in.
- When I played, my fire/dev blaster was not that popular, now, every
group I join has one if not 2 fire/dev blasters (which makes me want to
play another type of blaster, but ... gotta try kheldans :)
- When I played, we normally attacked one group at a time. Now,
almost all the groups I've played with has been the same strategy, the
tanker goes and aggroes the whole place (taking little damage), then
comes to us and 10-15 seconds later, mission is done. (I heard I5 has
some changes that will affect this... I sure hope it does, kinda dulls
the experience the way it's working now)

I like some of the new things that have been added since I left. I
don't remember the LFG window the way it is now, nice. Also, many more
costume options and the sectioned character size options is very nice
too.

Now I understand new archetypes (sound/archery) are coming this way
soon. Guess that's a good way to start something that is *not*
sound/archery, as I will have a big chance of joining groups :) And
the lower levels are always fun.

Buser

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2005

wolfing wrote:
> Wheeee!
> Man, is this game fun.

Welcome back!

> Can't wait for I5 though, many of the changes
> there are really needed.

Depends on your point of view, there's about a 50/50 on that "many" though.

> I noticed two things:
> - When I played there was more variety in the groups. Most of the time
> I was one of the one or two blasters in the group. Now there are
> always at least 3 normally 4 blasters in most groups I've been in.

This trend will continue, blasters are getting better in Issue 5.

> - When I played, we normally attacked one group at a time. Now,
> almost all the groups I've played with has been the same strategy, the
> tanker goes and aggroes the whole place (taking little damage), then
> comes to us and 10-15 seconds later, mission is done. (I heard I5 has
> some changes that will affect this... I sure hope it does, kinda dulls
> the experience the way it's working now)

Most people agree with this, many tankers agree as well. Well ok, not
the Ice tanks but that's a different concern.

> I like some of the new things that have been added since I left. I
> don't remember the LFG window the way it is now, nice. Also, many more
> costume options and the sectioned character size options is very nice
> too.

Yes, very very good. Unfortunately nothing else like this in Issue 5.
You can count basters Desperation, controllers Containment, and
increased scrapper damage here I guess. There is a new zone, its' pretty
nice if somewhat bland after a couple of trips through it. There are
supposedly new mission types, defend, rescue, chase, they have problems
that are being worked on apparently.

CoH is still a very good game and will probably continue to be for some
time. However Issue 5 is going to change the game significantly for many
people, some will like it and some will not when the game gets
noticeably harder for almost everyone. In playing a blaster you've made
a good choice, you focus on offense and don't expect defense from, or
control over, enemies. This is the current paradigm and is working well.
Almost every defense power has been reduced by 40-70% and many control
powers have had durations halved and recharges doubled, villain
non-minion accuracy has suffered a 10-15% reduction, most hero damage
has increased, xp post-25 has increased.

Whether or not these changes are "good" for the overall game in the long
run remains to bee seen. For now at least it's still fun, a bit gloomy
but still fun.

--
Don't tell him she liked them best
For this must ever be

Welcome back! What server are you on?

Rob

"wolfing" <wolfing1@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Wheeee!
> Man, is this game fun. Can't wait for I5 though, many of the changes
> there are really needed.
> I was having the time of my life with the game when EQ2 came and my
> guild decided to move there, so I did too. 4 or 5 months later, I got
> tired of waiting for this or that other guild member to complete his
> access quest to go to zone X, so left for WoW... 4 or 5 months later, I
> got tired of having to bother a group of people to go to Uldaman (an
> instance) so I could increase my enchanting skills.
> Now I'm back in CoH and the game is as fun as I remember it!
> Got to try real hard and concentrate on my highest level the 36 blaster
> to get to 50 so I can try the new races... but man, it's so tempting to
> play any of my other 10 or so 19+ level heroes :)
>
> I noticed two things:
> - When I played there was more variety in the groups. Most of the time
> I was one of the one or two blasters in the group. Now there are
> always at least 3 normally 4 blasters in most groups I've been in.
> - When I played, my fire/dev blaster was not that popular, now, every
> group I join has one if not 2 fire/dev blasters (which makes me want to
> play another type of blaster, but ... gotta try kheldans :)
> - When I played, we normally attacked one group at a time. Now,
> almost all the groups I've played with has been the same strategy, the
> tanker goes and aggroes the whole place (taking little damage), then
> comes to us and 10-15 seconds later, mission is done. (I heard I5 has
> some changes that will affect this... I sure hope it does, kinda dulls
> the experience the way it's working now)
>
> I like some of the new things that have been added since I left. I
> don't remember the LFG window the way it is now, nice. Also, many more
> costume options and the sectioned character size options is very nice
> too.
>
> Now I understand new archetypes (sound/archery) are coming this way
> soon. Guess that's a good way to start something that is *not*
> sound/archery, as I will have a big chance of joining groups :) And
> the lower levels are always fun.

Ahh I think I have a toon or two on Virtue but for the most part me and my
SG stick to Liberty and Justice.

Rob

On the Liberty Server!
FA Fugitive Lvl 50 Illusion/Empathy Controller
Charky Lvl 50 Fire/Fire Tank
Lady Goodnight Lvl 28 Mind/Radiation Controller

"Rob76" <rob_76@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> Ahh I think I have a toon or two on Virtue but for the most part me
> and my SG stick to Liberty and Justice.

....for all?

--
-= Victory Server =-
-= Shenanigunner: Level 39 Natural Tanker, Fire/SS, M

Shenanigunner <shenanigunner@NOdgathSPAM.kom> looked up from reading the
say:

>"Rob76" <rob_76@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>> Ahh I think I have a toon or two on Virtue but for the most part me
>> and my SG stick to Liberty and Justice.
>
>...for all?

Don't be absurd.

....for those who can afford the lawyer's fees.

Xocyll

Decipher <heywouldyablowme@hotmail.com> looked up from reading the
say:

>Listen, man we don't need your stupid history report for the last 5
>months! We the people of the Alt.games.coh thread!

Nice try mr first post in a.g.coh ever.

You don't speak for this group, nor will you ever.

I'd almost assume you were trolling instead of just being an idiot, but
there's no crosspost to a scoring group.

Take up a new hobby; I suggest Russian Roulette.

Xocyll

TRENDING THREADS