ed_brazil23

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2009
Please help!

I have the Netgear's WPN824v3 Wireless Router, which at first work pretty good, not as fast at it imply's on the box, but overall good.

Well, my computer is wired connected but my wife's is connected wireless, and while I have my wonderful XP, she has Vista on her notebook.

Here is the problem...
Her computer takes about 30 minutes each time it connect in the morning. It says "Acquiring Network Address". No joke, about 30 min! But, it connects, and when it does it works pretty good, not great, but ok.

But, this past weekend, my mother was in town, and she brought her new computer with her, one of the new little HP computer, which is pretty nice for what she does, just internet for email! but the thing wouldn't not connect at all! the whole weekend I was trying it and all I got was the old "Acquiring Network Address". Well, she left and I am still pondering what the hell happened!

Now, comes today. My mother-in-law's computer, another one of the little HP, nice too, and for her is another perfect match, she only uses for internet! but it also would not connect to the network, with the same problem.

I tried calling NetGear support, but they are no help. And, I don't want to discriminate, but their English is not that good over there in India or whatever the f..k they are. I couldn't understand anything they sad. and they still try to get another $70 out of me just to help me with their piece of s..t product.

I already have the latest version of the software, and have also re-installed in my computer the new software. I don't know what else to try.

So, please, someone, anyone, HELP!!! What should I try next? What is the problem? Is it a piece of s..t? and do I have to buy another router?

ed_brazil23

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2009
Yep, with WPA, set on Auto Channel and Mode b and g.

I have tried to re-start the network with the computer next to it and didn't work. I also tried to relocate the wireless modem to a higher ground, like above the desk, thought it did increase the signal, but its no good.