graphic card issues

derowley

Distinguished
Jul 31, 2008
I was on the pc last night and the screen went blue. I had to shut down pc the hard way and when I turned it back on the monitor was not working it just stays in sleep mode. I figured the graphic card is bad so I crack the case open and noticed the fan on the card was not working. So then while I had the pc on the keyboard light were on but when I hit cap locks or number locks the light don't come on and when it boots up there is not windows intro music.

mathiasschnell

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2007
Hmmm... this is a weird one.

Well, if the fan on your card has, indeed, stopped then it might be overheating, though I would expect that it wouldn't do it so quickly that the monitor is blue on startup. The card itself may have just died.

The other thing I think this could be attributed to is your OS itself (i'm assuming you're using Windows of some sort). It's possible you got yourself a virus or Windows just hiccuped or something.

See if you can take your hard drive and put it in another machine. Test to make sure that you can boot into your OS and play around just fine. If you can, then you know it's not the hard drive or any OS problems. Otherwise, you'll have to take a closer look at your graphics card. However I'd also take that graphics card and stick it in a working machine to test that too. Assuming both your hard drive and graphics card work fine in other machines (when used separately AND together), then you know it's something entirely different, in which case I'd start looking at your RAM.

Try some of this stuff and post your results.

TRENDING THREADS