guys........i want help about casing

Blood

Distinguished
Sep 5, 2008
Guys, i want to buy a system as below, but haven't come up with a case. Pls help.

Msi DKA790gx Platinum
AMD Phenom x4 9950
Zerotherm nirvana nv120 / Zalman cnps9300 AT / Scythe Zipang
HIS / Palit radeon HD4870x2 - 2gb
OCZ Pro Xtreme 1000w

mi1ez

Splendid
How many optical and hard drives do you want?

I'm assuming you won't be watercooling?

Do you want a case with space for HDD/DVD/BD upgrades?

Do you want something compact?

Floor or desk standing? Window? filters? LEDs?

IH8U

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2007
I recommend the Antec 900, as I know for a fact that a Nirvana will fit in it (had one on my 5000+ BE), however the Noctua NH-U12P is still a better cooler, and will fit (similar price). just replace the 120mm fan with one with a higher CFM.

I really like my CoolerMaster RC-690. It is very roomy inside without being a monster, and has excellent cooling.
If you've shot your budget on the parts (not necessarily a bad thing), take a look at the CoolerMaster Elite 330 or the Rosewill 218 or 220. They are also roomy enough inside for your parts. They have a rear 120mm fan and can take another one in the front.

If you want good cooling performance, a 120mm intake fan and a 120mm exhaust fan is the absolute minimum for fair performance. If you want good cooling, look for two 120mm intake fans, and two exhaust fans. Usually, the second exhaust fan will be on the top of the case.

Your budget of $50 is marginal, unless you can find a case which includes:
1) free shipping. Cases are heavy, and shipping can be $20.
2) Are some fans are included? If not, expect to pay $10 to $20 for each extra fan of decent quality.
3) Is there a rebate or promo code available?

$50-$70 puts you in the range of the low-end CoolerMaster cases like the Elite and some of the Centurions. These all have rear 120mm fans, and can take another one up front. Some of them also come with side fans. These are no-frills cases, but fit your budget and your parts. These cases are also not burdened by irritating front doors.

rodney_ws

Splendid
Dec 29, 2005

We see this with PSUs as well. People willing to drop $500+ on GPUs but want to cut corners on the PSU. I do see a lot of people with balanced builds, but there are some that one or two components just make you go WTF?

Dhaka is in Bangladesh. Newegg links may be good for reference, but not for pricing.
Part of the point though, is that there are deals to be found. Only you know what stores (online and otherwise) are available to you, but you might just browse them until you find something.

Blood

Distinguished
Sep 5, 2008
thanks people. I've got it......................the NZXT Nemesis Elite !
No matter how much hot my vga is.................the thing is i can hook up a 21" table fan at full speed & perhaps an AC might help !