Sign in with
Your question

Looking for home network diagram.

Last response: in Networking
February 14, 2009 2:22:44 PM

I am getting pieces together to setup a home network for a friend. I want to show him the setup that will be taking place. It will be coming in from a modem out to a wireless router out to a gig switch and from the switch out to a nas, computer, computer. From the wireless out to a laptop. I can't find a nice diagram of this setup anywhere. I know it sounds lazy but what I show him I would like it to look good. I could draw it but that does not look as nice. Does anyone know where I could find a diagram. I have been on google for an hour but must not be looking good enough. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

More about : home network diagram

February 16, 2009 6:49:45 PM

There are free network drawing programs that will work for what you need. Might even be able to take their sample and remove what you don't need and just use it.
Google - Network drawing programs
m
l
February 16, 2009 11:49:06 PM

Yeah, I just used ppt and made my own. Worked great.
m
l
Related resources
Anonymous
December 1, 2009 2:57:21 PM

It usually takes hours to create a traditional network diagram, with a tool like Visio. The traditional network diagram is sometimes called network diagram which means the symbols in the map are defined statically by a human being and the underlying software has no knowledge about the symbols. For example, in the following Visio diagram, the router, the LAN and the WAN symbols are only meaningful to human engineers. The Visio software does not know why a cloud means WAN. In other words, Visio is just an electronic paper for you.
m
l
Anonymous
January 25, 2010 8:18:57 AM

Visio Diagrams in 2007 is helps IT and business professionals worldwide visualize, analyze, and
communicate complex information, systems, and processes with tools such as HP Visio Stencils.
These Visio tools also helps you to get real-time data Embed together and program the Visio
drawing environment to include the power of Visio in any smart client application.
m
l
February 3, 2010 11:22:16 PM

I have it 90% done. I will post a picture of it in the next couple of months.
m
l
!