LAN ports on the mobo not working????

markdingle

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2008
Hi,

I have an ASUS M2N-SLI Deluxe Motherboard and I have it hooked up to my wireless router via one of the LAN ports in the back. Been working fine, just got the rig two months ago. Went away on a business trip, now when I turn on the PC it says the network connection is unplugged and no LED lights are flashing on the LAN Port.

However, the set up didnt change, cable is plugged into the LAN port, wireless is working fine, just nothing between the rig and my router? Tried plugging cable modem directly into LAN port, no dice either?

The computer was off the entire time I was away, so I have no idea what changed?? Please help

killerb255

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2006
That's lightning for ya...

It probably got zapped during a storm.

Whether or not the computer is off is irrelevant. When the computer is "off," it actually still has a low amount of power going through the motherboard for stuff like wake-on LAN. If the NIC lights are on while your computer is off, this is even more obvious.

Time for an RMA for your motherboard, unless you can live with a dead onboard NIC, and can deal with using a PCI or PCI-e NIC instead.

kyeana

Distinguished
May 21, 2008
I would start by either uninstalling the current drivers and reinstalling them or, if you have the option, roll back to an earlier set of drivers and see if they work.

Also another thing to do is check the actual Ethernet cable and make sure that isn't the problem.