activation of account problem

Has anyone had this problem with activating their account? When
prompted to submit account name and password, the info just disappears
without anything happening...I can't start my account! No one at tech
support will give me a straight answer. Anyone know what i can do?

Ben
9 answers Last reply
More about activation account problem
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.starwarsgalaxies (More info?)

    are you talking about when you first log in with that little screen that
    pops up?
    Did you already get a code and all that?

    "Durango" <mdurango@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Has anyone had this problem with activating their account? When
    > prompted to submit account name and password, the info just disappears
    > without anything happening...I can't start my account! No one at tech
    > support will give me a straight answer. Anyone know what i can do?
    >
    > Ben
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.starwarsgalaxies (More info?)

    Yep, I was emailed the 16 digit code and I signed onto Station.com.
    When the launcher comes up, I'm asked to accept the licensing
    agreement, which I do. I plug in my Station login and password, click
    on submit, then another little popup comes up prompting me to
    subscribe and activate my account. Clicking this brings up another
    popup, with a button that says Activate New Account. Clicking this
    does nothing. I have to click one of the two flags underneath it (a
    French and a German flag) to get further. After all of this hassle, I
    finally come to a final popup which once again asks for station name
    and password. I do this, click submit, and my info disappears like i
    never typed it in. That's the farthest i can get... There's no chance
    I want to buy the full game if this is what'll happen. (this is all
    for the 14 day trial game) Do you know what could be the problem?

    Ben

    On Sat, 05 Jun 2004 23:16:33 GMT, "Chey" <cheyjc@houston.rr.com>
    wrote:

    >are you talking about when you first log in with that little screen that
    >pops up?
    >Did you already get a code and all that?
    >
    >"Durango" <mdurango@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >> Has anyone had this problem with activating their account? When
    >> prompted to submit account name and password, the info just disappears
    >> without anything happening...I can't start my account! No one at tech
    >> support will give me a straight answer. Anyone know what i can do?
    >>
    >> Ben

  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.starwarsgalaxies (More info?)

    I would uninstall and start over.
    once you get in there is an update which takes awhile (not as long as FFXI
    but still)
    so try again. I wish I could help you but I have it successfully installed
    on both computers.

    anyway If I had another puter to install it on to find out what's wrong I
    would ..
    but I would reinstall the thing..
    if all else fails write to the contact and tell them you are trying this
    game out and that you are having trouble. You really would like to possibly
    purchase the game but so far you can't get into the game to try it out in
    case.
    Then say that you would like to know if your account trial had already
    started because you have had it for 3 days and cannot get into it... can
    they recredit you those days or suggest something to help
    anyway I hope you get it going cause it's pretty fun.
    (altho buggy, many things happened to me last night and it was strange!!! ..
    that were all bugs) lol
    but if I were paying for this game it wouldn't be very funny.
    if all else fails .. get ffxi ;)

    chey

    > Yep, I was emailed the 16 digit code and I signed onto Station.com.
    > When the launcher comes up, I'm asked to accept the licensing
    > agreement, which I do. I plug in my Station login and password, click
    > on submit, then another little popup comes up prompting me to
    > subscribe and activate my account. Clicking this brings up another
    > popup, with a button that says Activate New Account. Clicking this
    > does nothing. I have to click one of the two flags underneath it (a
    > French and a German flag) to get further. After all of this hassle, I
    > finally come to a final popup which once again asks for station name
    > and password. I do this, click submit, and my info disappears like i
    > never typed it in. That's the farthest i can get... There's no chance
    > I want to buy the full game if this is what'll happen. (this is all
    > for the 14 day trial game) Do you know what could be the problem?
    >
    > Ben
    >

    > On Sat, 05 Jun 2004 23:16:33 GMT, "Chey" <cheyjc@houston.rr.com>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >are you talking about when you first log in with that little screen that
    > >pops up?
    > >Did you already get a code and all that?
    > >
    > >"Durango" <mdurango@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > >> Has anyone had this problem with activating their account? When
    > >> prompted to submit account name and password, the info just disappears
    > >> without anything happening...I can't start my account! No one at tech
    > >> support will give me a straight answer. Anyone know what i can do?
    > >>
    > >> Ben

  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.starwarsgalaxies (More info?)

    First of all, thank you everyone for trying to help me. Trust me, I've
    tried everything from removing and reinstalling it to virus scanning
    and otherwise. Tech support simply email me back with information like
    'if you've lost your password, do this...' their no help.

    If you're interested, I have posted 4 screen caps at
    http://www.mnsi.net/~bdenes/swgcrazy.html for you too see, with brief
    descriptions of the dilemma of each. Trust me, I would love to play
    this game, and with the cheaper price tag its all the more alluring.
    But if this is the kind of trouble I have to put up with (especially
    if it's something thats really easy to fix) than it'll be 30 bucks
    wasted. Please give the pics a look and let me know if they're normal.
    Many thanks!

    Ben Denes

    On Sun, 06 Jun 2004 15:20:50 GMT, "Chey" <cheyjc@houston.rr.com>
    wrote:

    >I would uninstall and start over.
    >once you get in there is an update which takes awhile (not as long as FFXI
    >but still)
    >so try again. I wish I could help you but I have it successfully installed
    >on both computers.
    >
    >anyway If I had another puter to install it on to find out what's wrong I
    >would ..
    >but I would reinstall the thing..
    >if all else fails write to the contact and tell them you are trying this
    >game out and that you are having trouble. You really would like to possibly
    >purchase the game but so far you can't get into the game to try it out in
    >case.
    >Then say that you would like to know if your account trial had already
    >started because you have had it for 3 days and cannot get into it... can
    >they recredit you those days or suggest something to help
    >anyway I hope you get it going cause it's pretty fun.
    >(altho buggy, many things happened to me last night and it was strange!!! ..
    >that were all bugs) lol
    >but if I were paying for this game it wouldn't be very funny.
    >if all else fails .. get ffxi ;)
    >
    >chey
    >

    >"Durango" <mdurango@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >> Yep, I was emailed the 16 digit code and I signed onto Station.com.
    >> When the launcher comes up, I'm asked to accept the licensing
    >> agreement, which I do. I plug in my Station login and password, click
    >> on submit, then another little popup comes up prompting me to
    >> subscribe and activate my account. Clicking this brings up another
    >> popup, with a button that says Activate New Account. Clicking this
    >> does nothing. I have to click one of the two flags underneath it (a
    >> French and a German flag) to get further. After all of this hassle, I
    >> finally come to a final popup which once again asks for station name
    >> and password. I do this, click submit, and my info disappears like i
    >> never typed it in. That's the farthest i can get... There's no chance
    >> I want to buy the full game if this is what'll happen. (this is all
    >> for the 14 day trial game) Do you know what could be the problem?
    >>
    >> Ben
    >>

    >> On Sat, 05 Jun 2004 23:16:33 GMT, "Chey" <cheyjc@houston.rr.com>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >> >are you talking about when you first log in with that little screen that
    >> >pops up?
    >> >Did you already get a code and all that?
    >> >
    >> >"Durango" <mdurango@hotmail.com> wrote in message

  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.starwarsgalaxies (More info?)

    > First of all, thank you everyone for trying to help me. Trust me, I've
    > tried everything from removing and reinstalling it to virus scanning
    > and otherwise. Tech support simply email me back with information like
    > 'if you've lost your password, do this...' their no help.
    >
    > If you're interested, I have posted 4 screen caps at
    > http://www.mnsi.net/~bdenes/swgcrazy.html for you too see, with brief
    > descriptions of the dilemma of each. Trust me, I would love to play
    > this game, and with the cheaper price tag its all the more alluring.
    > But if this is the kind of trouble I have to put up with (especially
    > if it's something thats really easy to fix) than it'll be 30 bucks
    > wasted. Please give the pics a look and let me know if they're normal.
    > Many thanks!
    >
    > Ben Denes

    Im not sure if this will help, but I had similar problems when first trying
    to subscribe...it would be blank..I had cookiees turned off. After that it
    worked fine.

    Laura
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.starwarsgalaxies (More info?)

    Thanks Laura, but it's not that unfortunately. There's no problems
    with netscape, its when I input the info in the SWG launcher.

    What I dont get is there's absoultely no other evidence of other
    people having problems with this trial. Geez, what a pisser :(

    Ben

    >"Durango" <mdurango@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >> First of all, thank you everyone for trying to help me. Trust me, I've
    >> tried everything from removing and reinstalling it to virus scanning
    >> and otherwise. Tech support simply email me back with information like
    >> 'if you've lost your password, do this...' their no help.
    >>
    >> If you're interested, I have posted 4 screen caps at
    >> http://www.mnsi.net/~bdenes/swgcrazy.html for you too see, with brief
    >> descriptions of the dilemma of each. Trust me, I would love to play
    >> this game, and with the cheaper price tag its all the more alluring.
    >> But if this is the kind of trouble I have to put up with (especially
    >> if it's something thats really easy to fix) than it'll be 30 bucks
    >> wasted. Please give the pics a look and let me know if they're normal.
    >> Many thanks!
    >>
    >> Ben Denes
    >

    >Im not sure if this will help, but I had similar problems when first trying
    >to subscribe...it would be blank..I had cookiees turned off. After that it
    >worked fine.
    >
    >Laura

  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.starwarsgalaxies (More info?)

    Have all IE & Windows updates? (yes launchpad uses IE)
    Tried resetting IE settings?

    If not close IE & launchpad - Open IE - click Tools - Internet Options -
    General Tab - click Delete Cookies & click OK - click Delete Files - check
    delete offline content & click OK -- Advanced tab - click Restore
    Defaults -- click OK, close IE & try launchpad again.

    See if this helps?

    > Thanks Laura, but it's not that unfortunately. There's no problems
    > with netscape, its when I input the info in the SWG launcher.
    >
    > What I dont get is there's absoultely no other evidence of other
    > people having problems with this trial. Geez, what a pisser :(
    >
    > Ben
  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.starwarsgalaxies (More info?)

    Dude, I could kiss you! Yeah, finally!

    Here's the thing...I'va had some spyware on my computer connected with
    IE that would give me a popup every few seconds, so I upped the
    security on it and have been using Netscape. I had no idea that the
    launcher was tied to IE. Awesome, thank you very much.

    I am off to play my 14 day trial!!! Thanks everyone for your attention
    and help!

    Ben

    On Sun, 6 Jun 2004 21:57:14 -0700, "dargix" <darklogix@hotmail.com>
    wrote:

    >Have all IE & Windows updates? (yes launchpad uses IE)
    >Tried resetting IE settings?
    >
    >If not close IE & launchpad - Open IE - click Tools - Internet Options -
    >General Tab - click Delete Cookies & click OK - click Delete Files - check
    >delete offline content & click OK -- Advanced tab - click Restore
    >Defaults -- click OK, close IE & try launchpad again.
    >
    >See if this helps?
    >
    >"Durango" <mdurango@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >> Thanks Laura, but it's not that unfortunately. There's no problems
    >> with netscape, its when I input the info in the SWG launcher.
    >>
    >> What I dont get is there's absoultely no other evidence of other
    >> people having problems with this trial. Geez, what a pisser :(
    >>
    >> Ben

  9. Archived from groups: alt.games.starwarsgalaxies (More info?)

    glad to see it worked.

    To get rid of the spyware id suggest Spybot http://www.spybot.info/

    > Dude, I could kiss you! Yeah, finally!
    >
    > Here's the thing...I'va had some spyware on my computer connected with
    > IE that would give me a popup every few seconds, so I upped the
    > security on it and have been using Netscape. I had no idea that the
    > launcher was tied to IE. Awesome, thank you very much.
    >
    > I am off to play my 14 day trial!!! Thanks everyone for your attention
    > and help!
    >
    > Ben
    >

    > On Sun, 6 Jun 2004 21:57:14 -0700, "dargix" <darklogix@hotmail.com>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >Have all IE & Windows updates? (yes launchpad uses IE)
    > >Tried resetting IE settings?
    > >
    > >If not close IE & launchpad - Open IE - click Tools - Internet Options -
    > >General Tab - click Delete Cookies & click OK - click Delete Files -
    check
    > >delete offline content & click OK -- Advanced tab - click Restore
    > >Defaults -- click OK, close IE & try launchpad again.
    > >
    > >See if this helps?
    > >
    > >"Durango" <mdurango@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > >> Thanks Laura, but it's not that unfortunately. There's no problems
    > >> with netscape, its when I input the info in the SWG launcher.
    > >>
    > >> What I dont get is there's absoultely no other evidence of other
    > >> people having problems with this trial. Geez, what a pisser :(
    > >>
    > >> Ben

Support Games Video Games