oem's at newegg

dblake

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2008
getting close to ordering parts for my new build & I notice a lot of the stuff is oem.

Is it wise to order sata cables for oem hard drives & dvd burners? anything else I should get with it?

inquiry to newegg wasn't much help. they just repeated back their standard blurb about getting nothing but the item ordered & referred me to western digital.

weilin

Distinguished
stuff to get OEM:

HD, Floppy, CD. maybe CPU, RAM

stuff to get retail:

Case, motherboard, maybe CPU, TV tuners

If you are doing a new build, all cables should come with your motherboard thus u dont need to buy separate cables, if you are trying to upgrade an older computer, you may need cables.

ausch30

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2007
Newegg has pictures of everything that comes with an item. Also in the specifications of the item they tell you what cables and things come with the item. Different motherboards are different and some come with more cables than others but they should all come with a IDE, floppy and at least 2 SATA cables. As long as your buying the retail box of your motherboard then you should have everything you need. One other thing that I see a lot in the reviews on Newegg is people complaining about their motherboard not coming with standoffs. Standoffs should come with the case as well as all the screws you will need.

ohiou_grad_06

Distinguished
Yeah, no doubt, get the mobo and stuff first, you should be fine if it's a decent quality board, if you don't get the right cables, best buy or a local computer shop should have what you need.