Sign in with
Your question

AGP X1650PRO WoW :(

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
August 1, 2008 1:42:46 AM

Hello Everyone! I am currently having some problems after upgrading to and AGP X1650PRO (512MB) from and Old AGP 9250PRO(128MB). You see my old 9250 finnaly bit the dust and I "upgraded" to an X1650PRO and im seeing some pretty bad WoW Performance drops. The game is starting out fine but it takes an incredibly long time for my Character actually "appear" on screen and im also seeing periodic FPS BOMBS. When i say bombs i mean like 25-35 FPS to like 1-4 FPS. And its completely random it appears. Its also crashed on me and thats never happened before. It was loading Arathi basin for the Daily BG mish and the loading bar didnt even go up a notcg before it crashed. Ive downloaded and installed DirectX 9.0C and tried to update to the latest ATI Drivers 8.7 (Catylyst Installer doesnt wanna open and It always flashes Error boxes telling me the installer packages and installer cant open where upon it Fails on me and gives me a notepad file of a bunch of Error Jiberish) I was getting betetr performance and reliability on my old 9250 :( 

Please Help me!

More about : agp x1650pro wow

August 1, 2008 1:51:04 AM

Some one tell this guy how to properly clean out his old drivers before installing new ones. I would if I could remember the name of the good utilities off the top of my head.

*edit*

Alternativly, back up all your data, format your hard drive and start over. Nothing like a fresh clean (preferably trimmed down and slipstreamed with nlite) install of XP to get the old computer moving again.

*edit2*

The X1650PRO will generate a lot more heat than the prev. card. Your problem sounds driver related, but if there is no airflow to the card it could be overheating. There is a small PCIe to AGP bridge chip on the back that gets very very (80deg C+)hot.
August 1, 2008 1:55:59 AM

ATM im not looking to start all over again cuz i dont have anywhere to back up my data and im not going through the days, even weeks long process of redownloading/reinstalling all of my games music and all my other stuff. i guess ill try Driver cleaner , Ive heard that thats is a good driver cleaner.
Related resources
August 1, 2008 1:57:32 AM

Search "Driver Cleaner" in the forum. If it gets good comments that would be the one.
August 1, 2008 2:10:46 AM

Okay, ive used Driver cleaner 1n5 Professional and Cleaned out ATI and ATI CCC but Im still getting the error boxes that say the Catalyst control installer and Installer package failed to intialize follow by a box that says close all apps before opening the control center. Weirdly the installer still opens even after it tells me all of this, but it Fails and gives me a box with THIS STUFF in it

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="Report.xml.xsl"?>
<monetreport xmlns:D t="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:D atatypes">
<general>
<cmdline>-UI </cmdline>
<time>07/31/08 22:08:14</time>
<action></action>
<download></download>
</general>
<dcm>
<primary>
<name>ATI Radeon Graphics Processor</name>
<manufacture>ATI Technologies Inc</manufacture>
<chiptype></chiptype>
<chipid>0x71cd</chipid>
<vendorid>0x1002</vendorid>
<ssid>0x0850</ssid>
<ssvid>0x174b</ssvid>
<classcode>0x030000</classcode>
<revisionid>0x00</revisionid>
</primary>
<device>
<chiptype></chiptype>
<chipid>0x71ed</chipid>
<ssid>0x0851</ssid>
<ssvid>0x174b</ssvid>
<classcode>0x038000</classcode>
</device>
<device>
<chiptype></chiptype>
<chipid>0x71cd</chipid>
<ssid>0x0850</ssid>
<ssvid>0x174b</ssvid>
<classcode>0x030000</classcode>
</device>
<device>
<chiptype></chiptype>
<chipid>0x71ed</chipid>
<ssid>0x0851</ssid>
<ssvid>0x174b</ssvid>
<classcode>0x038000</classcode>
</device>
</dcm>
<exist>
</exist>
<install>
</install>
<uninstall>
</uninstall>
<downloaded>
</downloaded>
<resource>
<hwinfo>Hardware information</hwinfo>
<existpkg>Existing packages</existpkg>
<pkg2inst>Packages for install</pkg2inst>
<pkg2uninst>Packages for uninstall</pkg2uninst>
<otherdev>Other detected devices</otherdev>
<errmsg>Error messages</errmsg>
<name>Name</name>
<manufacture>Manufacturer</manufacture>
<chiptype>Chip type</chiptype>
<chipid>Device ID</chipid>
<otherhw>Other hardware</otherhw>
<download>Download packages</download>
<succeed>Success</succeed>
<fail>Fail</fail>
<vendorid>Vendor ID</vendorid>
<classcode>Class Code</classcode>
<revisionid>Revision ID</revisionid>
<ssid>Subsystem ID</ssid>
<ssvid>Subsystem vendor ID</ssvid>
<header1>Catalyst® Install Manager</header1>
<header2>Installation Report</header2>
<finalstatus>Final Status:</finalstatus>
<versionofitem>Version of Item:</versionofitem>
<size>Size:</size>
<bytes>Mbytes</bytes>
</resource>
<error><msg>Catalyst® Install Manager failed to initialize</msg></error> <error><msg>Catalyst® Install Manager failed to initialize Package Manager</msg></error> <error><msg>Catalyst® Install Manager failed to initialize</msg></error> <error><msg>Catalyst® Install Manager failed to initialize</msg></error></monetreport>

wut do i do now?
!