Sign in with
Your question

Temp Problems With My E2220 (Not overclocked)

Tags:
Last response: in CPUs
September 6, 2008 11:41:25 AM

Hey i recently bought a E2220 Duel Core Intel Proc and went to monitor it with Speedfan AND CoreTemp. They both say it Idles around 40C, but when I play Games it shoots up to 65C (With about 90% usage) . So 2 things, Is this a safe temperature. And 2nd why would it be idleing at 40C and shoot up to 65C within a couple seconds. I am using the stock cooler and not over clocking at all.

Here is what the CPU cooler looks like:
http://www.frozencpu.com/images/vh/thermal01.jpg

BUT instead of the copper it has aluminum I believe. I also put some arctic silver 5 on there.

Edit: The room temp is about 70-80F not C and I also have a Mini room fan blowing right on the computer (I have a **** case with only 2 80mm fans blowing out nothing in)
September 6, 2008 12:11:54 PM

65C with the stock cooler in a poorly cooled case is going to make it impossible to overclock, however it is ok (providing it doesn't get any hotter), since 70 C under load is where I would start to worry.
September 6, 2008 12:25:20 PM

check all the pins is being push in fully. people always thought they are in but actually it maybe not.try pulling it if if pops out that means its not in properly.
!