Is This Just Lag?

I've been playing for about 2 months. For the last 3 or 4 days when I
am walking or riding my speeder, I go for about 10 seconds and then
I'm catapolted back to my original starting position. This happens
even when I am out in the middle of noware, away from cities. Very
annoying. And I'll click on a creature to attack of get info and
nothing comes up. I've had to log off at times because it's
unplayable. Something I shouldn't have to do with a $15 a month game.
I'm on Bria. Using Win98, AMD Athalon 2100, 512mb ram, GeForce 4,
latest DX and Video Drivers, Cable Modem. What is the problem? Thanks.

Max

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2003

I'm on Bria too. They did fix it so the speeder doesn't drive off, but there
at least 3 other bugs related to speeders they ignored -- catapolting being
one of them.

This is due to "server lag." Not your CPU/graphics card or the connection.
You could have the fastest computer and fastest connection in the world, but
it would not make any difference.

I remember thinking before they first added speeders to the game, how are
they going to do this without lag??? Well....

-Dare

"Tarkus" <tarkus@comcast.net> wrote in message
> I've been playing for about 2 months. For the last 3 or 4 days when I
> am walking or riding my speeder, I go for about 10 seconds and then
> I'm catapolted back to my original starting position. This happens
> even when I am out in the middle of noware, away from cities. Very
> annoying. And I'll click on a creature to attack of get info and
> nothing comes up. I've had to log off at times because it's
> unplayable. Something I shouldn't have to do with a $15 a month game.
> I'm on Bria. Using Win98, AMD Athalon 2100, 512mb ram, GeForce 4,
> latest DX and Video Drivers, Cable Modem. What is the problem? Thanks.

make a dismount macro like this:

/target speederbike
/puke
/yell wheeeee!
/pause 1
/dismount

you will never be catapulted again.

"Max" <maximus@portvista.com> wrote in message
> I'm on Bria too. They did fix it so the speeder doesn't drive off, but
there
> at least 3 other bugs related to speeders they ignored -- catapolting
being
> one of them.
>
> This is due to "server lag." Not your CPU/graphics card or the connection.
> You could have the fastest computer and fastest connection in the world,
but
> it would not make any difference.
>
> I remember thinking before they first added speeders to the game, how are
> they going to do this without lag??? Well....
>
> -Dare
>

> "Tarkus" <tarkus@comcast.net> wrote in message
> > I've been playing for about 2 months. For the last 3 or 4 days when I
> > am walking or riding my speeder, I go for about 10 seconds and then
> > I'm catapolted back to my original starting position. This happens
> > even when I am out in the middle of noware, away from cities. Very
> > annoying. And I'll click on a creature to attack of get info and
> > nothing comes up. I've had to log off at times because it's
> > unplayable. Something I shouldn't have to do with a $15 a month game.
> > I'm on Bria. Using Win98, AMD Athalon 2100, 512mb ram, GeForce 4,
> > latest DX and Video Drivers, Cable Modem. What is the problem? Thanks.

I just spent an hour playing (without any vehicles) Everything is
running unbelievably slow. I click a mission terminal and it is blank
for about 10 sec. before missions show up. I click and hold the mouse
button on one of my harvestors and nothing comes up. Catapolting
happens even when just walking. Could it be all the "free trials"
joining this week?
>make a dismount macro like this:
>
>/target speederbike
>/puke
>/yell wheeeee!
>/pause 1
>/dismount
>
>you will never be catapulted again.
>
>"Max" <maximus@portvista.com> wrote in message
>> I'm on Bria too. They did fix it so the speeder doesn't drive off, but
>there
>> at least 3 other bugs related to speeders they ignored -- catapolting
>being
>> one of them.
>>
>> This is due to "server lag." Not your CPU/graphics card or the connection.
>> You could have the fastest computer and fastest connection in the world,
>but
>> it would not make any difference.
>>
>> I remember thinking before they first added speeders to the game, how are
>> they going to do this without lag??? Well....
>>
>> -Dare
>>

>> "Tarkus" <tarkus@comcast.net> wrote in message
>> > I've been playing for about 2 months. For the last 3 or 4 days when I
>> > am walking or riding my speeder, I go for about 10 seconds and then
>> > I'm catapolted back to my original starting position. This happens
>> > even when I am out in the middle of noware, away from cities. Very
>> > annoying. And I'll click on a creature to attack of get info and
>> > nothing comes up. I've had to log off at times because it's
>> > unplayable. Something I shouldn't have to do with a $15 a month game.
>> > I'm on Bria. Using Win98, AMD Athalon 2100, 512mb ram, GeForce 4,
>> > latest DX and Video Drivers, Cable Modem. What is the problem? Thanks.

If you have a 486 25, with 8mb ram and a 512k Oak VESA videocard running
with a 14k modem, then it might be time to upgrade.

> I just spent an hour playing (without any vehicles) Everything is
> running unbelievably slow. I click a mission terminal and it is blank
> for about 10 sec. before missions show up. I click and hold the mouse
> button on one of my harvestors and nothing comes up. Catapolting
> happens even when just walking. Could it be all the "free trials"
> joining this week?
> >make a dismount macro like this:
> >
> >/target speederbike
> >/puke
> >/yell wheeeee!
> >/pause 1
> >/dismount
> >
> >you will never be catapulted again.
> >
> >"Max" <maximus@portvista.com> wrote in message
> >> I'm on Bria too. They did fix it so the speeder doesn't drive off, but
> >there
> >> at least 3 other bugs related to speeders they ignored -- catapolting
> >being
> >> one of them.
> >>
> >> This is due to "server lag." Not your CPU/graphics card or the
connection.
> >> You could have the fastest computer and fastest connection in the
world,
> >but
> >> it would not make any difference.
> >>
> >> I remember thinking before they first added speeders to the game, how
are
> >> they going to do this without lag??? Well....
> >>
> >> -Dare
> >>

> >> "Tarkus" <tarkus@comcast.net> wrote in message
Thanks.

HaZ

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2004

"EggBert" <EggzRnice@the.henhouse.Bok> wrote in

> If you have a 486 25, with 8mb ram and a 512k Oak VESA videocard
> running with a 14k modem, then it might be time to upgrade.

Im surprised he is using Win98.. Thats just insane. Time to upgrade
buddy.. Seriously..

"EggBert" <EggzRnice@the.henhouse.Bok> wrote in message news:<Dtrxc.885$uB3.172@news-server.bigpond.net.au>...
> If you have a 486 25, with 8mb ram and a 512k Oak VESA videocard running
> with a 14k modem, then it might be time to upgrade.

*blush* I actually had to reread the thread to see if you were being
serious there... =)

I reckon the biggest improvement that can be made to your SWG PC is
RAM. Get 1Gb of RAM and I bet you'll see much less lag.

WRT an earlier poster - I've noticed lots more lag (I usually get
none) in the last week or so. I'm on Corbantis if that makes a
difference. I was wondering why it's started. Almost every window -
bazaar, inventory, vendors etc. all have nasty lag on opening...