Sign in with
Your question

What happened to the Lian Li TYR PC X2000?

Last response: in Components
September 6, 2008 9:37:32 PM

I did a forum search and found absolutely nothing on the subject, but I figured somebody here might know.

Anyway, Lian Li was supposed to release the x2000 on August 1st. What happened? I've been looking forward to the release of this case since its inception and now it appears to have disappeared from the public eye. I only ask because the thing gives me a hard-on every time I look at it and I want it to the base component of my new system. I also want to have sex with it.

Refresher if you've forgotten or didn't know about the x2000:

So what's up? Delayed? I really wish Lian Li would provide some explanation.
Anonymous
a b ) Power supply
September 6, 2008 10:12:29 PM

getting a hard-on b/c of a case explains to me that you have issues... anyway

tbh it looks nice... but doesn't really seem to be all that... i mean whats so special about it? besides the fact it's like twice as tall as a normal case
September 6, 2008 10:30:20 PM

I was joking about the erection, obviously.

I just like everything about it.

- absolute simplicity and minimalism but still pulls off that 'luxury car' look
- build quality
- space
- hot swap
- side-mounted bays (I like when you can't see the front drive bays on cases but I hate having to mess around with a door)
- in reviews it rates pretty much at the top-end of cooling performance

I guess, unlike some people, I actually take great care in choosing what case I want to use. So I take it you've never 'fallen in love' with a piece of tech?
Related resources
September 6, 2008 11:20:04 PM

Does look like a pretty good case. Seems to be lacking in having only three drive bays. Also, the whole not having front or side fans is an issue.

I would try calling or emailing Lian Li for an answer.
September 6, 2008 11:56:49 PM

The factory setup has three 140mm fans in the front with the top two pushing air over the mainboard and the bottom one dedicated to the HDD bays in the bottom, one 140mm fan sucking out the back over the mainboard, and two 80mm fans sucking out the back over the HDD's. The front ones draw air from those filtered side vents right behind the face - you can see it in the second pic.

About the 2 x 5.25" bays, I don't really have a problem with it. I'll only be using one of them anyway. I might install a Blu-Ray read/writer after they get alot cheaper, but for now I really don't need it.

Lian Li is based in Taiwan and most likely doesn't have any (good) English customer service. And they don't have an email displayed on their website for contact so...

I didn't expect anybody here to be able to help me much, I just wondered if cases being delayed happens often, or if anybody heard anything specifically about this case. It was getting alot of attention about 5-6 months ago.
September 8, 2008 5:06:23 AM

Yeah.....

I had my eye on this case for my new build. Not sure about just 2 5.25" bays on the case and the fact they open to the side of the case. I could not wait any longer for a case so I went with the PC-A7110. I added a clear side widow with a 240 mm fan (Performance Pcs) and a top panel with 2 120 mm fan cut outs. The case is awesome!
I read reviews about Lian Li where the reviews stated pictures really do not do the cases justice. This is really true, you have to see the cases in person to appreciate the build quality. The cases are, however, $$$. You get what you pay for :non: 

To E-mail Lian Li.....go to their web site and click "contact us" It brings up a form to fill out. I did get a response. The form, however, asks for a company name and website....so I had to improvise a bit. :o 
Another option would be via same web site then "fan club" which brings up a forum where you can post (there is a lot of spam posts there :(  )

Silver PCs.....
http://www.silverpcs.com/
is the big North American dealer for Lian Li products. They more than likely will know when the PC-X2000 will be available in the US.
October 12, 2008 4:55:49 PM

FWIW, while searching cases I found this.
I believe it is the same as the PC-x2000 or at least very, very close- eerily so.
Quinn
October 13, 2008 6:43:42 AM

That is Lian-Li's case what the hell happened there?
July 30, 2012 8:16:39 PM

futureblues26 said:
I was joking about the erection, obviously.

I just like everything about it.

- absolute simplicity and minimalism but still pulls off that 'luxury car' look
- build quality
- space
- hot swap
- side-mounted bays (I like when you can't see the front drive bays on cases but I hate having to mess around with a door)
- in reviews it rates pretty much at the top-end of cooling performance

I guess, unlike some people, I actually take great care in choosing what case I want to use. So I take it you've never 'fallen in love' with a piece of tech?

Gives me hard on as well. I currently have an obsidian 800d. Nicest case I've ever owned
a b ) Power supply
July 30, 2012 8:20:34 PM

You lot are a bit creepy....
When i click on the thread i wasn't expecting people to say that they 'get erections over PC cases....

Still i like the case, maybe they though they were being to over the top to bring this out and scraped it?
!