Coolermaster V8 help and Phenom II 940 recommended OC

Hey guys i just bought the Coolermaster v8 cooler hoping to get amazing temps in like the 20c's but right now im idleing at 49c is that right? i have artic silver 5 on there did i apply it wrong?. and im overclocked to 3.62Ghz 1.55v 18xmult. also what OC would you recommend with this cpu/cooler?
16 answers Last reply
More about coolermaster phenom recommended
  1. Well First off your exceeding the maximum voltage the processor can take,
    Which will dramatically shorten its life and creates alot of heat.
    why the heck do u have the voltage so high?????? are u new to overclocking?
  2. yes i am haha and when i had the voltage lower my games would crash or freeze and computer would go BOOM lol well not boom but it would restart. like i said please recommend specs for me
  3. noone here can help me?
  4. with 1,55 volts running through cpu that prob about right lol
    maybe check if the cooler is on right and try lowering voltage if possible
  5. right now i have volt on 1.45 and im idling at like 40c for somereason everyone who has this cooler is getting in low 30's wat am i doing wrong. its only overclocked to 3.4
  6. whats the other air flow like in ur case EG:back fans or any side or front fans?
    how hot is it in the room?
    did u apply thermal paste properly?
  7. i have the thermaltake armor mx case it has an intake in front exhaust in back it use to have a fan on door but V8 wouldnt allow it to close. so i dismounted it and put it on the outside very slopy but works and that pushes air into the case. and i put a circle like a dime of artic sliver 5 or w.e its called and i just put cooler ontop i was told u dont need to spread it.
  8. Wow... High voltage.... I have my AMD Phenom II X4 940 at 3.7GHz on a 1.42V (multi x 18)... temps 40c idle and 58+ load...

Lower your voltage to 1.432, set multi x 18 and use OCCT program to see if its stable...

AMD Phenom II X4 940
    BIOSTAR TFORCE TA790GX 128M
    Thermaltake M9
    Kingston HyperX T1 Series 4GB
    Sunbeam CR-CCTF 120 mm Core-Contact Freezer CPU Cooler, with a Thermaltake A2018 120mm fan, and TX-2 compound
    Scythe DFS123812-3000 "ULTRA KAZE" 120 x 38 mm Case Fan x 3 (2 intake and 1 Exhaust)

9. and is urs stable?
  10. Yep... 3.7Ghz!! yeah, baby!!!!
  11. Rapid! ur suppsed to be getting pics showing us how you setup your input fans\tunnel! not going online helping other people out! I thought you had some project from work your supposed to be working on...
  12. right now im at 1.425 mult 18 and i just downloaded that Occt program ill keep u posted. And u wanna show off your comp? lol heres mine :)
  13. wildgene789 said:
    right now im at 1.425 mult 18 and i just downloaded that Occt program ill keep u posted. And u wanna show off your comp? lol heres mine :)
    http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll9/skyline7349/photo.jpg

Sweet... i wasn't trying to show off but ok.... :wahoo:
  14. wildgene789 said:
    right now im at 1.425 mult 18 and i just downloaded that Occt program ill keep u posted. And u wanna show off your comp? lol heres mine :)
    http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll9/skyline7349/photo.jpg

ack, too bright, this is why i don't have any lighting in my case
  15. right now im at 1.425 mult 18 and i just downloaded that Occt program ill keep u posted. And u wanna show off your comp? lol heres mine :)

Any updates?
  16. Hey sorry it took me so long i was on vacation but right now im at 3.62ghz with 1.432v and 18x. Idling at 36 underload is like 45
Ask a new question

Read More

Heatsinks Cooler Master Cooling Phenom Overclocking