Venus t4s hard drive help

julie621

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2009
Help! I am not a computer tech person at all. I just use my computer with an understanding of what I need to know. A friend of mine advised me on getting the Venus T4S which has been working great for the last 1.5 yrs. Now it's not appearing on my desktop. It's turning on but none of the lights next to SATA0, SATA1 etc. are turning on. Help please!

Solution
It appears you are not the only one that has this problem of the drives failing to appear.
Quote from newegg:
"Cons: The unit suddenly disappeared off my system. After testing each drive with seatools and confirmed all four are in good working condition, I called AMS tech support. Tech support has very limited knowledge of the software they package with the system. AMS tech support could not recommend steps on how to recover the configuration information for the units raid config file. They kept reading the manual to me over the phone. No in depth knowledge of the product. Be aware, if something goes wrong you are on your own!"

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817332013

On the plus side, it looks as if your drives...

Jonmor68

Distinguished
It appears you are not the only one that has this problem of the drives failing to appear.
Quote from newegg:
"Cons: The unit suddenly disappeared off my system. After testing each drive with seatools and confirmed all four are in good working condition, I called AMS tech support. Tech support has very limited knowledge of the software they package with the system. AMS tech support could not recommend steps on how to recover the configuration information for the units raid config file. They kept reading the manual to me over the phone. No in depth knowledge of the product. Be aware, if something goes wrong you are on your own!"

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817332013

On the plus side, it looks as if your drives and data is probably ok.

Solution

julie621

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2009
Thanks evongugg and Jonmor68. I ended up bringing the box to a computer repair place around where I live. The drives and data are fine (phew!) but can't be retrieved yet. We're looking for a used T4S box in working condition in hopes that we can put the drives in there. They no longer sell the T4S and couldn't tell me whether or not the replacement (T5S) will work with my drives. We ordered a T5S and waiting to see if it will work. Fingers crossed. Anyone have a used working T4S out there?!