Sign in with
Your question

GigaByte Mobo's & Quality of Service

Last response: in Motherboards
October 8, 2008 7:09:08 PM

:pt1cable: 

Are you happy with Gigabyte Mobo's and their service! :fou:  I myself am NOT!

Went thru 3 new and current release Mobo's. various problems
One would not POST sent it back with a detailed description of the board level problem, 35 days later I demanded the BD be repaired and returned-received the bd and it would not POST plus it fried my CPU. Got angry and crushed a few socket pins and sent it back to GB for replacement since they said to do so and I did not want the same mobo back - service dept said nothing wrong with the bd so they would not replace it Ha Ha look again - they sent the same Mobo back in the same condition so I took it to my companies shop replaced the cpu 775 socket and the bd would squel and fail upon pwr up, used old cpu not not Dual Core 2
two posted one time then Mobo and CPU fried; returned both for full refunds
three posted great and would not recognize ANY devices; no matter how I set BIOS; got scared and returned Mobo for full refund
Is this me or has GB gone down the tubes all of a sudden
October 8, 2008 7:28:51 PM

I love my Gigabyte board...

Sorry to hear of your misfortune.
a b à CPUs
a b V Motherboard
October 8, 2008 7:36:33 PM

I have had some bad luck with Gigabyte boards recently - three dead boards in a row. Luckily I bought them at a Fry's Electronics retail store. I was able to return the boards immediately and get a refund. Each time the Fry's technicians tried testing the boards and came to the same conclusion. Unfortunately the techs could not tell me why the boards were dead.

Related resources
October 8, 2008 7:46:24 PM

That's too bad about your experience with Gigabyte.
I for one have only bought Gigabyte boards the last 5 years and have had 0 problems.
I have the EP45 DS3R, EP35 DS3R, and 3 P965 DS3 an DS3rs, all various revisions, all still running with no issues.
I had the same bad experiences you had with Asus boards. I got sick of the RMAs, blown capacitors, bricked bios flashes, failed hard disk controllers ETC.
If and when I experience multiple problems with Gigabyte, I will move on, there are plenty of other manufacturers that make quality boards for me to choose from.
October 8, 2008 7:57:50 PM

I'm on my first Gigabyte board and I haven't had a problem with it. Would buy again in minute if they come out with a 790FX/750SB board.
October 8, 2008 8:02:07 PM

I have a GA-EX38-DS4. The sound went out. The bios quit recognizing non-stock settings. I had to flash the bios. I still cant get everything to work right. I have 2 year warrenty, so i guess i may RMA it.

I love the board's performance when it is working properly. The bios is easy to set up and the Qflash is awesome. If the onboard sound worked i would be ok with it.

I wont spend $200 on a mobo again. I get the same quality from a $130 mobo. My next board will be a p45. It will probably be a gigabyte.
October 8, 2008 8:10:13 PM

Unfortunately I think we could swap the manufacturer name Gigabyte with any and have horror stories from all vendors..

Google Striker Extreme.. You’ll see nasty Asus reviews, yet they are a solid company as is Gigabyte.

Its just the way it is.. every X amount built has X failure rate.
!