Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Heatsink reviews

Last response: in Overclocking
a b K Overclocking
July 30, 2009 6:03:12 AM

So i realized recently that while i know a good deal about most components in a system, the one i know the least about is heat sinks. So where would you guys suggest going to learn about heat sinks and heat sink reviews? I spend most of my time over in home built and have been noticing that when people ask about coolers i just dont know, time to fix that. Any suggestions are welcome.

More about : heatsink reviews

Best solution

a b K Overclocking
July 30, 2009 6:08:11 AM

Dude... you gotta spend some of your time in overclocking. Thats the best part!!

I would go to frostytech.com for HSF reviews. If you have any other questions you can pm me, i know alot about heatsinks.
a b K Overclocking
July 30, 2009 6:12:38 AM

Well i finally built myself a system that i can overclock, previous one was a P4 northwood from HP with a totally locked up bios so that wasnt happening. Now i have a nice AMD BE so its time to tinker but really im just curious what makes the good heat sinks good and i enjoy learning as much random semi useful crap as i can.
m
l
Related resources
a b K Overclocking
July 30, 2009 6:15:42 AM

^ I share the same "need" for knowledge myself.

What makes a good heatsink traditionally is the amount of heatpipes and what is in the heatpipes.
m
l
a b K Overclocking
July 30, 2009 4:39:33 PM

Yes, www.frostytech.com has loads of heatsink reviews, and some good rating charts.
m
l
!