VINAYKV_05

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2010
Hello, hi i am vinay kumar verma mail id **********@gmail.com want to know how can i make a bootable pendrive(usb disk )

Hello, Vinay and welcome to Tom's Hardware Forums. Firstly, I suggest you edit your post to remove your e-mail address before some idiot sells it to a Spammer.

As to your question, here's a site that saves me a lot of writing. http://www.intowindows.com/bootable-usb/ First though, check in your BIOS that the system has a setting for Legacy USB and that it's enabled. Without that setting, the system will not be able to recognise a pen drive outside of Windows to the drive will not be able to boot a system.

I get a Chrome//adblock script error on that link - perhaps it's a Tom's/BOM thing because a link I posted earlier failed as well. When I looked around for a site to recommend here, the only Boot-land one I saw referred only to Windows '98. I'll keep trying the site - an XP one would come in handy in Bookmarks.

That's odd. I don't get any kind of error.

I assume you're using chrome? I use Firefox and IE with no problem.

That's the odd part - I don't use Chrome, only Firefox for this and related sites and Opera for one other Forum. Just tried it again and it works perfectly. Another of computing's little mysteries.