MSI vs. ASUS mobos

binomial

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2008
Hy all!,

Hy everyone!

I m building a gamming rig. The list of my approved items just contains an HIS ATI HD4850, Corsair 650TX PSU (All frm tomshardware recomendations) so far.

Now its the mobos turn. well my budget is 120$

The pending list is mobo (MSI Neo P43 vs. ASUS P5QL-Pro-P43 Based), and an E7200. I hope I m keepin plenty of room for future expansion wid a PCIe-2 based slot, Core 2 Extreme support and a 16 GB of RAM (in MSI board).

First clarify the brand ! which one MSI or ASUS! nd plz dont suggest mobos wid integrated VGA chips I m not willing to use them so why pay for that extra burden or extra heat I'd say!

I m currently in favour of the P43 Neo. But on the PSU forum ppl recommended to go for the P45! Wats the best p-45 in my price range? Cuz there a bulk of them on MSI's website and I havent browsed ASUS yet.

Thnx

binomial

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2008
yeah well but wat bout the 16GB max mem vs. 8GB max (MSI provide 16gigs whereas the board u mentioned has 8Gigs max)...link to p43 based mobo frm MSI.......http://global.msi.com.tw/index.php?func=prodmbspec&maincat_no=1&cat2_no=&cat3_no=&prod_no=1484#menu

:pfff:
MSI does not provide any memory with their motherboard.
It may support a maximum of 16Gb but they are not going to give you any of it.
Are you really going to put more than 8Gb in your system anyways?
Just for your info, the ASUS P43 Mb you listed also supports a maximum of 16Gb RAM.

MSI's motherboards are of inferior quality and should be avoided at any cost.
ASUS or Gigabyte is the way to go right now.
For the price, the P5QL Pro looks to be a decent motherboard.
For $5 more, after MIR, you can get a Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS3L which is a basic P45 based motherboard.
The P45 based P5Q Pro would also be a good choice and, with an 8 phase power system vs the P5QL Pro's 4, it should be a much better overclocker. It also has support for CrossFire if you were thinking of going that route.

G

ewwww, dude, cmon, really? msi is inferior? EVERY single asus ive ever had the misfortune of using has died years before my msi rigs, ive had asus die in 4 months, never had a problem with msi, and msi is compatible with HUNDREDS more products than asus is, asus crashes all the time in my friends which he JUST bought, they belong in garbage cans rather than computers. ANYTHING but asus, ive had knock off brands that were around $20 outlast a $200 asus by far.

TRENDING THREADS