Change startup

In my PC when I power on I have to enter a password.
How can I change it so that I don't need to?
Is the procedure different between XP Pro, versu XP Home?
TIA
Brian.

KiwiBrian wrote:

> In my PC when I power on I have to enter a password.
> How can I change it so that I don't need to?

Start | Run, type "control userpasswords2" Select the account you want to
logon to automatically. Then uncheck the box "Users must enter a user name
and password to use this computer."

Or do the same thing with TweakUI.

> Is the procedure different between XP Pro, versu XP Home?

No.

--
Ken Blake
Please Reply to the Newsgroup

Might be it's BIOS password?
If so, enter BIOS and reset (delete) startup password

--
Tumppi
Reply to group