asus p5e-v hdmi no video on boot

cusis

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2006
I have just purchased this new board. I am an experienced tech guy, and have managed to troubleshoot ever problem i have ever encountered with computers. But im stumped.

I put everything in, and i got no video signal. So i systamatically started removing hardware, and teating booting, still nothing.

Now the computer seems to be working, or at least getting to bios. I have tried removing ever piece of hardware, resetting biod (removing battery) checking cables.

Here is my system:
q6600
geforce 8800gtx
hiper 580w
ocz 800 ddr2
2 x maxtor 200gb
1 wd raptor 160gb
asus p5e-v hdmi

I have run out of ideas. I need help..is it a dead board? is there something ive overlooked? is my hardware compatible with the board?

kyeana

Distinguished
May 21, 2008
How do you know that your computer is apparently working and getting to the bios?

If that is the case the it is most likely the video card or the monitor which is causing the problem

cusis

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2006
the monitor is brand new, and all my hardware is pretty new, and all my hardware works with old motherboard.

Im guessing must be a bad board?

azone

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2008
Bad boards don't always beep and the fans can turn on while the board is bad. If the CPU isn't seated properly the fans shouldn't turn on. Does your HDMI monitor flicker or show sign of life when you turn on the CPU? if no flicker then seems like no signal from mobo or vcard ie bad mobo or poorly seated vcard. if a flicker then perhaps its a bad connection/cable/monitor issue. IF A flicker or somthing of that nature occurs, try a different monitor. Does the Hard Drive ever rev up or rev up constantly on boot? if a constant rev it sounds like a mobo issue, same with no revving at all. Lastly it could be a BIOS problem. Make sure the BIOS version your MOBO shipped with supports your CPU. Look for updates, if YOUR mobo bios does not support your CPU you must obviously use a CPU it supports permanently if no update makes the CPU compatible with the board. or temporarily if U NEED TO UPDATE IT to support it.

PS some mobos have MAX wattage. mabye the q6600 is past the max wattage.