Help with Spine/Invuln Scrapper

Lemon Tree, my Spine/Invuln Scrapper hit level 12. I started playing with
COH Planner to look into the future and realized that I have more options
than powers (or enhamcement slots) to invest in them.

You can almost turn a spine scrapper into a kind-of blaster at high levels
with Impale, Throw Spines, and radius AOE attacks like Spine Burst and
Quills. I guess a Spine scrapper has to decide if they want to emphasize
ranged and AOE and ranged or melee attacks.

The Invulnerablity set is just as bad (good). The set has 4 passive defense
powers, and three toggles as well as Dull Pain and Unstoppable. There's no
reason to NOT take the passive powers. Dull Pain and Unstoppable are both
good powers as is Invincibility and unyielding.

With all this good stuff available, where does a character get the time to
push through the fitness pool? Let alone do anything with any of the other
pools besides aquiring a travel power.

I've been wondering if this character should simply respec out some starting
powers at higher level. Say at some point drop Barb Swipe when I have
Impale or Ripper, drop Temp Invulnerability when I have Unyielding or
Invincible.

What do other Invulnerable scrappers do?

--
John Trauger,
Vorlonagent

"Methane martini.
Shaken, not stirred."

chat: @vorlonagent

Vorlonagent (M), level 30 Blaster (Electric/Energy), Guardian
RolIing Thunder (F), Level 26 Defender (Storm/Electric), Infinity
NightfalI (M), Level 18 Defender (Dark/Dark), Pinnacle
Steel Night (M), Level 17 Tanker (Invulnerable/Super-Strength), Virtue
lmpact (F), Level 17 Blaster (Gun/Energy), Virtue
MC-2 (F), Level 16 Blaster (Force/Fire), Protector
Pulsar Staraven (F), Level 16 Controller (Grav/Rad), Liberty
Girl at the Bar (F), Level 14 Controller (Mind/Empthy), Triumph
Faraday Facade (F), Level 14 Controller (Illusion/Forcefield), Justice
4 answers Last reply
More about help spine invuln scrapper
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

    "Vorlonagent" <jt@otfresno.com> wrote:
    > What do other Invulnerable scrappers do?

    Whine about nerfs, I think.

    --
    -= Victory Server =-
    -= Shenanigunner: Level 39 Natural Tanker, Fire/SS, M

    "Shenanigunner" <shenanigunner@NOdgathSPAM.kom> wrote in message
    > "Vorlonagent" <jt@otfresno.com> wrote:
    >> What do other Invulnerable scrappers do?
    >
    > Whine about nerfs, I think.

    LOL!

    I was hoping for something more constructive.... :)

    --
    John Trauger,
    Vorlonagent

    "Methane martini.
    Shaken, not stirred."

    chat: @vorlonagent

    Vorlonagent (M), level 30 Blaster (Electric/Energy), Guardian
    RolIing Thunder (F), Level 26 Defender (Storm/Electric), Infinity
    NightfalI (M), Level 18 Defender (Dark/Dark), Pinnacle
    Steel Night (M), Level 17 Tanker (Invulnerable/Super-Strength), Virtue
    lmpact (F), Level 17 Blaster (Gun/Energy), Virtue
    MC-2 (F), Level 16 Blaster (Force/Fire), Protector
    Pulsar Staraven (F), Level 16 Controller (Grav/Rad), Liberty
    Girl at the Bar (F), Level 14 Controller (Mind/Empthy), Triumph
    Faraday Facade (F), Level 14 Controller (Illusion/Forcefield), Justice
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

    Vorlonagent wrote:

    > "Shenanigunner" <shenanigunner@NOdgathSPAM.kom> wrote in message
    >
    >> "Vorlonagent" <jt@otfresno.com> wrote:
    >>
    >>> What do other Invulnerable scrappers do?
    >>
    >> Whine about nerfs, I think.
    >
    > LOL!
    >
    > I was hoping for something more constructive.... :)

    Ok, try slotting RPD, TI, Uy, Invince, ignore all autos until Tough,
    your choice on Unstop. Apparently under I5 rules Invuln tanks can, by
    six slotting with ++SOs, get to about 35-40% resistance except for
    smash/lethal where they still get 90%. Most of the scrapper forums seem
    to be leaning towards offense over defense, paticularly the SR scrappers
    who don't get defense until SOs now (I know, I know, they still get %s
    but what good is 20% def at level 18 on a six person team?).

    A slow build on smash/lethal resistance combined with the 80% def from
    Invincibility and a herd is probably the way to go. Just remember, lots
    and lots of offense. And man, I'd say you want Impale, the old (I2?)
    Spine/DA scrapper that I got to 16 loved that power, good damage and it
    stopped runners. Just forcing a mob to stop running off and stand there
    looking befuddled with big spikes through his chest was pure gold.

    --
    Someone who thinks logically is a nice contrast to the real world.
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

    <buser@heck.huh> wrote in message news:11h99jbns7r4nf6@corp.supernews.com...
    > Vorlonagent wrote:
    >> I was hoping for something more constructive.... :)
    >>

    > Ok, try slotting RPD, TI, Uy, Invince, ignore all autos until Tough, your
    > choice on Unstop. Apparently under I5 rules Invuln tanks can, by six
    > slotting with ++SOs, get to about 35-40% resistance except for
    > smash/lethal where they still get 90%. Most of the scrapper forums seem to
    > be leaning towards offense over defense, paticularly the SR scrappers who
    > don't get defense until SOs now (I know, I know, they still get %s but
    > what good is 20% def at level 18 on a six person team?).

    So in essence slot for Defense rather than Resistance and damage ahead of
    defense or resistance.

    I guess she's on the right track for that, having forcused on damaging
    powers (save for TI).

    Currently Build (Level 12):

    Spines: Barb Swipe, Lunge, Spine Burst, Build Up
    Invuln: Res Phys Damage, Temp Invuln, Dull Pain
    Leaping: Combat Jump

    Level 14 is reserved for Super-Jump.

    Level 16 will bring the tough choice between Impale (and I'm right there
    with you when it comes to the annoiance of chasing down a bad guy) or
    Unyielding Stance.

    Level 18 will ask me to choose between whoever didn't get the nod at 16 or
    Quills. I'm considering using the I5 respec at that point and essentially
    replacing Spine Burst with Quills and taking whichever power I missed at 16.

    Level 20 is when I can start her ascension up the Fitness ladder, starting
    with Hurdle, then Health, then Stamina. She's gonna need stamina for all
    those toggles.

    Can invulbnerability toggles stack on top of each other?

    --
    John Trauger,
    Vorlonagent

    "Methane martini.
    Shaken, not stirred."

    chat: @vorlonagent

    Vorlonagent (M), level 30 Blaster (Electric/Energy), Guardian
    RolIing Thunder (F), Level 26 Defender (Storm/Electric), Infinity
    NightfalI (M), Level 18 Defender (Dark/Dark), Pinnacle
    Steel Night (M), Level 17 Tanker (Invulnerable/Super-Strength), Virtue
    lmpact (F), Level 17 Blaster (Gun/Energy), Virtue
    MC-2 (F), Level 16 Blaster (Force/Fire), Protector
    Pulsar Staraven (F), Level 16 Controller (Grav/Rad), Liberty
    Girl at the Bar (F), Level 14 Controller (Mind/Empthy), Triumph
    Faraday Facade (F), Level 14 Controller (Illusion/Forcefield), Justice

Video Games